[Resolved] Approach to GeneratePress Premium license on a client website

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Approach to GeneratePress Premium license on a client website

Home Forums Support Approach to GeneratePress Premium license on a client website

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy

Hello,

I’m not exactly sure how to ask this question, but I basically created a website for a client using the GeneratePress Premium Theme and Elementor Pro. The client does not wish for me to host the site or maintain it, as I do for other sites. So, our relationship will end once the site goes live.

How does my license for GeneratePress Premium work for sites I will no longer have access to, or if I do not want to renew the license for a site I no longer have responsibility for? I do not wish to keep supporting a site past a certain time period with my paid license unless the client wishes to contribute.

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

In this case our recommendation would be for your client to purchase their own copy of the premium license so that when you no longer support and maintain their site, they still have access to this support forum and from us πŸ™‚

Let me know if this makes sense.

Jeremy

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, this client is already, let’s say… one of a very limited budget, and I doubt they would purchase anything else at this point.

So, should I have purchased a license from the start individually for them and worked that into the budget? Can I let them utilize my license and end that without access to their site?

I never considered this scenario but I guess I better figure this all out now.

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

should I have purchased a license from the start individually for them and worked that into the budget

Exactly what I was trying to say πŸ™‚

This actually isn’t very uncommon by the way as we get this question from time to time and the above is definitely the best solution.

Jeremy

Ok, good to know. I think I’ll have to bite the bullet on this one.

Without looking, is it possible to pay for a license using my account but have them own it?

I guess I want to gift the license in a way.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’d just have to use your credit for purchase but fill in their e-mail, name and etc for creating the account.

Good to let them know that the premium support and plugin updates is valid for 1 year as well. After that they’d have to renew it in order to keep getting support from us.

More info in the FAQ section at the bottom of this page if you need:
    https://generatepress.com/premium/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Jeremy

Thank you for the info! Much appreciated.

Best,

Jeremy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem at all πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.