[Resolved] adding text to header

Home Forums Support adding text to header

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Hi,

I am using Chrome and GP Premium seems to be running on it fine.

Current status of header I am working on in the Pro Version is this:

– I removed WordPress heading in header. I don’t recall how I did that.
    – I changed header background color from white to a color I like. I did that in the header color menu.
    – I have a logo in the header on the left side (that I added through the site identity menus) which is to my liking.

I have to add text (company name and perhaps a tag line) in the header next to the logo (and adjust font and color of the text). How do I do that?

Joe

GeneratePress 1.3.44
    GP Premium 1.2.94
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joe,

This post should help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/putting-site-title-next-logo/

You can adjust font in Typography > Header and color in Color > Header.

Let me know.

Joe

I see the adjust font in Typography > Header and color in Color > Header. My image file contains only a logo. I previously added text as text beside the logo. Where do I add the text?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Joe

OK, the site title was hidden in site identity. It is visable now, thank you.

How do I get the logo and site title to be horizontially level with each other?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you try the link I suggested here? https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-text-to-header/#post-282716

If this doesn’t work can you provide a link?

Joe

I did look at “Putting Your Site Title Next to Your Logo”. That process involves CSS, which I have never done. If I just have to copy and paste the CSS text from that documentation, where would I paste it to get the logo and site title horizontally oriented to each other?

Here is a link to the page: https://whiteriveressences.com/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Joe

More success Leo. The site title is now along side of the Logo.

The site title is still a little north of center of the logo. How do I bring the site title down slightly? Do I modify the text I pasted into Simple CSS?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Replace the code you pasted previously with this:

@media (min-width:769px) {
        .site-branding {
            display: inline-block;
            padding-top: 9px;
        }

.site-logo {
            float: left;
            margin-right: 20px;
        }
    }

Let me know.

Joe

Success Leo. I reduced the top padding to 7 px to get the look I like. Thanks.

Now that I have a simple way into CSS, what other a few of the typical kinds of things are usually accomplished by adding CSS?

Last, I want to add different background images to different pages and add text over some of them. I might also use a blog page would be to present and index product articles. I assume I can set up both web pages and a blog page in Elementor with background images and text over them. I also assume I can set up a blog page in GP and upload a background image and add text over it. Amy I mistaken?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would say anything visual can be done with CSS. It’s pretty magical…

Elementor only works on static pages or posts – it won’t work on the blog pages, archives, categories etc..

There are no options that can add text on top of background images. I think it would be easier if you add the text on to the image using an image editor and then just upload the the background image.

Hope this helps!

Joe

Can you add text on top of a background with layering?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not in GP. Maybe in Elementor.

Joe

Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.