[Resolved] Adding categories and tags taxonomy to pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding categories and tags taxonomy to pages

Home Forums Support Adding categories and tags taxonomy to pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dale

I am considering adding taxonomy options to pages on one of my sites with a plugin like https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/add-category-to-pages/

Just wanted to check to see if there was any reason I shouldn’t do this. Since WordPress prevents adding taxonomy as the default, I’m thinking there must be a good reason to not have taxonomy on pages, but I can’t think of one.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There’s no reason why you cant or shouldn’t add categories. The better reason may be to ask why you would want them on Pages.

Might be worth you looking at CPT’s to see if this better suits your purpose.

dale

Hi David,

I want taxonomy on Pages so that the specified pages will show up in category listings.

What are CPTs?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dale – well thats a good enough reason.
    If you already have a lot of pages made then yeah add a category tax by all means. If you don’t it’s worth checking out CPT’s.

CPT – Custom Post Type. Allows you to create new post types in addition to Posts and Pages.
    Check out ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) the well know one and PODs my current favorite. Then you can have a new page type with taxonomy and other extra fields if you wish.

dale

Thank you! For the site I’m thinking of, I don’t consider the pages distinct enough to demand their own post type. But this has given me some ideas for tinkering with a different site I’ve been working on. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your welcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.