[Resolved] Adding Border & Shadow to Post/Page/Content Container – Styling

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding Border & Shadow to Post/Page/Content Container – Styling

Home Forums Support Adding Border & Shadow to Post/Page/Content Container – Styling

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Moses

Hey there GP team. First time post from a new GP Theme user, and must say – I’m wonderfully surprised and super happy about the ease of use with your theme. I’m quite limited in my ability to heavily or even lightly edit with custom css and have thus far been able to achieve the look and feel of what I’m shooting for.

On to the question: Trying to add a border / shadow around the container that houses the main post/content. On the default homepage as well where one would find containers with post previews/excerpts – would like to add some additional border/shadow styling there as well.

Wondering if this is something that could be applied relatively easily with a bit of code, or if you could suggest a 3rd party plugin that would integrate well with GP and add additional styling features without sacrificing speed.

Thanks for you help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This is definitely something we can help with πŸ™‚

Do you only want it on the blog listing page?

If so try this CSS:

.separate-containers .inside-article {
        -webkit-box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.75);
        -moz-box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.75);
        box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.75);
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

You can use this site to tweak your shadow code:
    https://www.cssmatic.com/box-shadow

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Moses

Thanks Leo! That worked for the homepage/grid post preview containers, but not for the actual post or page containers. I was able to use cssmatic to customize the shadow parameters, but wondering if you could take another look into how I can apply this to all post/page containers as well for continuity.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Moses

Absolutely perfect. Thank you so much.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.