[Support request] Accordion menu in TOC format

Home Forums Support [Support request] Accordion menu in TOC format

Home Forums Support Accordion menu in TOC format

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Deepak

Hello Team,

I am looking for an accordion menu for my sidebar where it will show all the title of the posts in a certain category and then each title will have sub options for all H2 title tags within the posts.

I have added an example in the “Private Information” section.

I tried many plugins and all of them just place any of the existing MENUs in accordion format.
    But it is not possible for me to add so many posts and their H2 headings as sub options manually. As if anything changes then I would have to change in the MENU also manually.

Are you aware of any plugin which does this. Basically I want all the posts from a certain category and H2 titles from these posts to be shown in the left sidebar so user can navigate through the entire tutorial.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We don’t exactly have any recommendation for this kind of plugin but a short Google search should lead to you “top 10” or “best” accordion and/or toc lists.

And you’ll most likely get them separately rather than in one plugin.

Perhaps you’ll find this list useful:
    https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/12-best-tab-accordion-wordpress-widgets-plugins–cms-28677

Try them out and see which one can be tweaked to your preference.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Deepak

Hi Tom,

I saw in following forum:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/roadmap-for-generateblocks-and-generatepress/#post-1654758

that you are planning to add accordions in Generateblocks Pro in the roadmap, any plans to have an option to add accordion menu in Generatepress theme down the lane? and having sticky menu without jquery?

Regards
    Deepak

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Deepak,

I’m not sure an accordion menu makes sense for GeneratePress, but you should be able to use the one we add to GenerateBlocks.

We’re working on sticky navigation/element feature for GeneratePress using vanilla javascript. It will be awesome and very performant ๐Ÿ™‚

Deepak

Hi Tom,

That’s great news. Any tentative idea by when these features are expected to be released?

Regards
    Deepak

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not at this time, but accordions/tabs are high on our list of features to get added to GenerateBlocks Pro ๐Ÿ™‚

Deepak

Thanks Tom

Stephen

I’m waiting for this to go live in GenerateBlocks to add an accordion FAQ to my site. I’ve got notifications set up for this, so let me know if it ends up happening!

Thanks GP & GB team.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.