[Resolved] Roadmap for Generateblocks and Generatepress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Roadmap for Generateblocks and Generatepress

Home Forums Support Roadmap for Generateblocks and Generatepress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Rachel

Hi,

Hope you guys are doing well?

I would love to know regarding Generateblocks and GP if you could share a roadmap?

Also considering the ongoing Gutenberg development.

I know things are variable but it would be nice to know.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Right now we’re focusing on dynamic content with both GenerateBlocks Pro and GP Premium.

In the next version of GP Premium, we’re introducing more features to our Elements module that allow you to build out your theme elements using GenerateBlocks. For example, building the layout of your posts in your blog, or the overall layout of your pages.

GenerateBlocks is still early in its development, so we’ll be focusing a lot on GenerateBlocks Pro. We’ll be adding more blocks (things like accordions, tabs etc..), and improving the overall workflow.

Lots of exciting things happening! πŸ™‚

Rachel

Thank you Tom.

In terms of performance of the theme are there since things you could do and what would that be?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GeneratePress 3.0 really focused on performance – I’m very happy with where it’s at right now.

3.1.0 will be focused on accessibility (underlined links, more aria-label attributes).

We’ll also be looking at conditionally loading some javascript, but it’s pretty minor. The current performance of the theme is really good.

Peter

It’s awesome that you are making accessibility a priority – it will be great to point others interested in accessibility to GeneratePress!

Sebastian

This sound amazing, how long until we can see this publish!

Michael

With the planned dynamic integration will there be integration with Advanced Custom Fileds Pro?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The dynamic integration allows for custom fields, so as long as you have the post meta fields available, you can use them πŸ™‚

Rachel

Thank you, Tom.

Really happy with the performance.

I was just nosy what you have in mind regarding this topic.

Keep up the great work

Elvis

Hello Tom and the team. Wish you best in 2022.

As it is a begining of the year, I wanted to bump this topic again. πŸ™‚ By now we know GB plans for 2022 are the Advanced Query Block, which is incredible.

Could you share any other plans you have either for GP or GB?

– Are there plans to support alternative layout techniques to flexbox, such as the grid, or columns?

– Will the dynamic content, dynamic image and headline be available outside the elements module, and outside Advanced Query Block?

PS Interesting to see you once had plans for blocks such as tabs and accordions. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

After GP 3.1 with global colors/dynamic typography, we’ll be focusing heavily on GenerateBlocks this year. The Query Loop block will likely replace our Blog options in GP, and the dynamic content will make it so you can enable dynamic data outside of Elements.

Not sure CSS Grid is needed at this time, but we’re open to the idea if it makes sense.

We still have plans for tabs/accordions, we’re just committed to doing it right with the blocks we have vs. rushing it and adding unnecessary bloat to the plugin.

Big plans for 2022! We’re very excited πŸ™‚

Elvis

These plans make perfect sense. Super hyped to use them.

Regarding CSS grid, its, becoming/became a standard, and would definitely make Generateblocks a more flexible solution for layouts, and would push it even further above the competition. But I understand that 2022 will be more about dynamic content in blocks … which is more important anyway.

dmccan

I saw an interesting approach to accordions / tabs which was rather then create those as blocks, give users the ability to create their own interactions. The interactions are kind of like block elements but based on triggers instead of locations.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s precisely the kind of thing we’re working on πŸ™‚

dmccan

Awesome. A good example of give a fish or teach to fish πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.