- This topic has 19 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago by David.
October 5, 2022 at 10:35 pm #2364791matt
Is generate press wordsmith theme or any other generate press theme compatible with mediavine ads?October 5, 2022 at 10:54 pm #2364801Fernando Customer Support
Not sure about this, but I believe Mediavine requires specific widths for ad locations. For instance, we’ve had customers needing to set their sidebar to a width of 300px for Mediavine ads. If so, any template should be compatible with a little customization. Possibly, we’ll need some custom CSS, but we can help with this if needed.
Example thread: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sidebar-width-need-quick-help/October 5, 2022 at 10:58 pm #2364804matt
Thanks yea I just want to know ahead of time. My site is new. I have wordsmith theme. Also how do I add the following
Categories, recent posts, and about me with a picture in the right side bar on front page?
How do I add the about me with a picture at the bottom of each blog post?
How do I add recent and next post at the bottom of each blog post?
How do I get rid of the email side bar on the front page?October 5, 2022 at 11:02 pm #2364807matt
Also I don’t want the mail chimp plug-in or lightweight social media icons plug-in because I don’t use email or social media. Can I opt out of those. Also can I get rid of the social media icons on the front pageOctober 5, 2022 at 11:24 pm #2364818Fernando Customer Support
1. You can use a Block Element for all of these. There’s a WordPress Category Block for the category list, you can use a GenerateBlocks Query Loop Block for recent Posts, and here’s a video tutorial sample of an about me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E7zFl678kg
2. Here’s a video you may refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x6CjGOyag
3. You may use a Block Element – Post Navigation: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-post-navigation/
4. Can you provide the link to your site for reference?
5. Yes, you can remove those if you want. You can delete the Social Media icons in Appearance > Widgets > Top Bar.
Side note: For different inquiries, kindly start a new topic. This is mainly to avoid confusion if a different Support Agent will be needing to attend to your issue.October 6, 2022 at 12:36 am #2364868matt
Abroadwithmatt.comOctober 6, 2022 at 12:54 am #2364896Fernando Customer Support
Edit the Front Page, and the remove this:
[mc4wp_form id="201"]from the Container Block in the right.October 6, 2022 at 4:18 am #2365026matt
ok ill try it thanksOctober 6, 2022 at 4:44 am #2365054matt
How do i get rid of the logo and just replace it with words. i do not want a logo and its not letting me just use the name of my site. it wants me to put a logoOctober 6, 2022 at 5:13 am #2365082matt
i cant find the elements page also in wpOctober 6, 2022 at 5:48 am #2365118DavidStaffCustomer Support
go to Customizer > Site Identity.
Enter your Site Title.
Uncheck the Hide Site Title.
Remove the Logo.
Note – if the logo still displays temporarily add an image to the Logo and the Retina Logo. Publish the changes and then delete the logos.
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/October 6, 2022 at 5:53 am #2365121matt
thanks david now to show at the top about home and contact i have to click menu then all 3 drop down. how do i get rid of this to make all 3 appear across the topOctober 6, 2022 at 5:57 am #2365124matt
how do i get rid of the image on the front of the site and add my own. sorry im new to all this and its very confusingOctober 6, 2022 at 6:08 am #2365131matt
i deleted the widget where it says want to stay in touch but when i go into the site again to customize it its still there. then i go back to widgets and its still there like i never erased itOctober 6, 2022 at 6:24 am #2365149DavidStaffCustomer Support
For the Menu – do you always want to show the three menu items in a row? even on mobile?
1. Go to Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation and set the Mobile Menu Breakpoint to
For the Main image you can edit the Homepage and change that Container Blocks background – see here:
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.