[Support request] 400 error when importing from site library

Home Forums Support [Support request] 400 error when importing from site library

Home Forums Support 400 error when importing from site library

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Brad

I have tried to import Blogg from the site library but I am getting 400 error. I have tried a couple of times now but same thing happens. I saw that another customer had the same thing and he hosted with Namecheap EasyWP, I am as well.
    Was there any solution found that you might be aware of?

I have no other plugins (except for Akismet) and no content on the initial install.

Brad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The 400 error is usually a server error regarding AJAX in your Dashboard. When you try the import and get the error, right click the page and click “Inspect”. Are there any red errors in the “Console” area?

Andrew

Hi,

When I attempt to import from the site library, I am receiving the same 400 error. When I check the console, it reads “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 ()”.

I am hosted on wp-engine. Do you have any suggestions?

GeneratePress Version: 2.3.2
    GP Premium 1.8.3

Thanks

Andrew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you make sure your server is able to communicate with gpsites.co? You can ask WP Engine support to check this for you.

Andrew

Is there an IP WPE can whitelist?

Andrew

Hi,

I just wanted to close the loop on this one. I believe the problem was related to server-side caching. When I toggled the object cache and cleared the page cache, the import completed as expected.

Thanks for the assist.

Andrew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad you got it working ๐Ÿ™‚

amarpreet

I tried clearing both the page cache and object cache it is still not working. Same error.

Anything else. ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    amarpreet

Yes, David I have done all of these steps even without creating a support ticket here. These are available on the support forum all the time.

May I know what next ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

An error 400 is a security error (no permission), meaning your server isn’t accepting data from our Library.

If:

1. Your site isn’t blocking communication with gpsites.co
    2. Your site doesn’t have caching enabled (at the server or WP level)

Then you might have other security precautions in place on your server. You may need to check with your hosting to see if there’s anything else that might be getting in the way.

amarpreet

Hi Tom,

I will check again with hositng ( A2 Hosting ) on these questions. However hosting company is very clear that this issue with the GP.

Will come back to you on this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

They’re not wrong, the issue is definitely being caused by the import process. However, it’s not something that happens to most of our users, as the actual permission error comes from the server configuration.

Can you confirm whether it happens during step 1 (options import) or step 2 (content import)?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

amarpreet

This is coming during step 1 only.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So this means your server won’t even download the options.json file from our gpsites.co server. It’s definitely a firewall on your server preventing the files from being downloaded. Your hosting support should be able to allow our server to bypass the firewall, even temporarily while you import the site you want to use.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.