Reply To: Media Library crashed: funtions.php in child theme

Home Forums Support Media Library crashed: funtions.php in child theme Reply To: Media Library crashed: funtions.php in child theme

Home Forums Support Media Library crashed: funtions.php in child theme Reply To: Media Library crashed: funtions.php in child theme

Dominik

But that’s true, it has to be a reason. Everything works beautiful, switching ANSI to UTF-8 brings the problem back. Why the hell media library is so sensitive for the character encoding, and the rest of the CMS is not? WordPress bug or my ignorance?

That’s weird indeed, but I hope someone who’d fight against similar issue, would also find our conversation helpful. If you must change the character encoding from UTF-8 to ANSI, you may cause some more problems – special characters (from Polish language) were no longer supported in the code. But the solution was easier than you might expect – special characters should be replaced with HTML character entities. For example, instead of “ź” you should use this entity: ź.

Never thought that character encoding could have taken all my day. Give it back! ; (

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Dominik.