[Support request] YouTube Embed works fine in admin panel, shows only URL on live site

Home Forums Support [Support request] YouTube Embed works fine in admin panel, shows only URL on live site

Home Forums Support YouTube Embed works fine in admin panel, shows only URL on live site

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Martin

When I add a YouTube block and paste in the YouTube URL to a video, the thumbnail appears. When I publish the page and look on the live site, however, only the URL appears. Any ideas?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Which page can we see the issue?

Let me know 🙂

Martin

I thought I’d submitted this in the private info box. Sorry if I missed that — pasted it again.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you using the block element module for that?

I wonder if that’s the issue.

Can you try a YouTube embed block in the regular content and see if that works?

Let me know 🙂

Martin

I am using the Youtube embed block.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you first try disabling all plugins except GP Premium and GB to eliminate any conflicts?

The YouTube block is a WP core block so it should work.

Martin

All plugins except GP Premium and GenerateBlocks have now been deactivated.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can’t seem to replicate the issue on my end.

Can you do me a favor, start a new page, and simply add a YouTube block in there and see if that works?

Martin

Thank you for your ongoing assistance.

OK so I started a new page and added a YouTube video three times.

1. YouTube block – worked.
    2. YouTube block within a GB container – worked.
    3. Youtube block within a GB grid within a GB container – worked.

The third option is exactly what I am doing with the footer. Could it be because I am using the Elements module for the footer? Would that explain why the video isn’t showing?

Test URL in private information.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thought we fixed this issue before. Will take a closer look.

Thanks!

Martin

I would appreciate that, Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Seems to be an issue with WP not rendering youtube videos in the do_blocks() function. We could integrate a fix, but it feels like it’s not really our place…We will think about this some more 🙂

Martin

Any update on this additional thought, Leo? If the answer is no, can you suggest the best way to reach out to WP and how to explain this problem?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Did you use the Block Element to replace the Footer ?
    What happens if you hook the block element in before_footer ?

Zoltan

Hi David,

We have the same problem. When I create a new page and insert a Youtube block it works fine. When I add a new GP Element-Add new element-Block and insert a Youtube block, there is no rendering (independently where I place the new GP block element) for ex. (Element type: Hook, Hook name: before_footer). When I insert the Youtube blocks into the WP footer widget, it works. Any suggestion how to use GP block elements with Youtube blocks? It seems to be a GP bug for me. WP 5.8.2, only GP theme, GP Blocks and GP Premium. Nothing more is active.

live site where you can see the problem: https://internetjatek.hu/

KR, Zoltán

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.