[Support request] Your theme (Site Theme) has outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files

Home Forums Support [Support request] Your theme (Site Theme) has outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files

Home Forums Support Your theme (Site Theme) has outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Al

The topic title shows up on my wp dashboard and I do have a malfunction when a sale is made. 1. I correctly receive a notice of the sale via email. 2. My customer does not receive a copy. I can only guess it is because of the outdated templates. I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP uses the latest Woocommerce templates – so this warning is generally related to templates that have been added to the site – most likely the Email template.

Al

Thanks for the rapid reply but if it is due to the addition of a template what do I do about it? I apologize but I am not an expert at this. Thanks again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

First lets figure out which templates are out of date.
    Go to Dashboard > Woocommerce > Status
    On the System Status tab ( open by default ) scroll down to templates and it should display which ones are out of date.

Let us know which ones they are.

Al

There are probably two that apply. The first that may be the correct one to use, I think, is the “processing order” form which may or may not be the right one because it says it is sent after payment is made. We only have the customer “authorize” the payment because we do not take the money until we ship. The second form could be the “completed order” form if it could be sent out when we first receive the sale. If you could help I would appreciate it except that this is probably beyond the scope of your forum responsibilities. Everything was working fine until recently so I must have caused the error somehow.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So it sounds like it is related to the email / order processing templates.
    Do you have a separate plugin for controlling how the emails look ?

Al

Hi David,

I only go to the form within WP/woocommerce/settings/email to fill out the forms there. Are you saying that it may be better if I use another plugin? I do appreciate your hanging in there with me.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It’s likely that one of your plugins is altering those templates somehow. You can test by deactivating them one by one until the issue goes away. If not, are you using a child theme? Maybe those templates are in the child theme?

GP itself doesn’t use custom WooCommerce templates.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.