[Resolved] Your theme (GeneratePress) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Your theme (GeneratePress) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template

Home Forums Support Your theme (GeneratePress) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Amanda

When I sign in to my WP Dashboard I get the following message:
    Your theme (GeneratePress) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. Suggestions to fix this:

Update your theme to the latest version. If no update is available contact your theme author asking about compatibility with the current WooCommerce version.
    If you copied over a template file to change something, then you will need to copy the new version of the template and apply your changes again.

My theme is 2.2.2 and my Premium is 1.8.2

I have been having issues where my product category page turns into a blog post style with just one product listed. I’m not sure if that is related or not.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

do you have a child theme installed and if so does that contain any woo templates?

Axel

Morning David. I know this is an old thread, but I’m getting exactly the same message. My GP is up to date. I am running a Child Theme. There are no woo templates. Can you advise please? Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so the GP Theme doesn’t contain any Woocommerce templates. So when you see that warning it means your Child Theme contains woo templates. Those would have been added to your Child Theme folder. Can you check if you have any in there ?

If you do, then they will require updating to the latest template versions.
    If you can let me know which templates you have then i can point you to where the latest version is.

Axel

Correct. My Child Theme contains no Woo templates.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

As David mentioned, GP Theme doesn’t contain any Woocommerce templates so this cannot be a theme related issue.

I would recommend going through #1 here to test first and make sure the parent theme is activated
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

If not then try #4 in the same article.

I’m going to close this topic for now as it’s very old so please open a new topic if you need further help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Your theme (GeneratePress) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template’ is closed to new replies.