[Support request] "Your page is not mobile-friendly" error

Home Forums Support [Support request] "Your page is not mobile-friendly" error

Home Forums Support "Your page is not mobile-friendly" error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joachim

Hello,

Since a few weeks I have a strange error on 2 of my websites (only showing up on the homepage). Google is giving me the “Your page is not mobile-friendly” errors and I’ve tried everything to solve it.

The weirdest part is that I have a 3rd website (they all use the same setup and layouts) and the error is not showing up there. Also when checking https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly they pass.

But the errors are clearly there as you can see on the following screenshots:

inside wmt

google listing

We all know how important it is to have your site mobile optimized, so I really need to get this fixed. As said the errors only show up on the 2 homepages so I think that it has something to do with the headers (as they are only showed on the homepages).

Does anyone have a solution for this?

PS. They all use a CDN as well.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try David’s suggestion here?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/page-is-not-mobile-friendly/#post-616976

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve seen caching plugins cause this before. They delay the download of styles and scripts so long that Google renders the page before those scripts are loaded. This can cause Google to think the site isn’t mobile friendly.

Joachim

Thanks guys for your answers, at that topic I don’t see a solution though. I ran them through “Google Chrome Dev tools > Audit” and here are the outcome.

2 sites with the mobile friendly error:

Site without error:

Perhaps it’s because of the images or so?

Also I’m using the WP Rocket plugin for all 3 sites.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Joachim

Yes I’ve seen Tom’s reply.

I am using WP Rocket plugin. But the issue is not on the 3rd site which is using it as well.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The settings could be different perhaps?

I would make sure all of your CSS is loading at the top of the page, while the JS loads in the footer.

Besides that, you’ll need to find the differences between the site that’s fine and the ones that aren’t. There must be a difference somewhere. Elements in your content? Overall performance? Plugins?

It may be worth simply deactivating WP Rocket on the problem sites for now, just to see if the errors go away in time (since the live test says both sites are fine).

Joachim

Well the settings are all the same as far as I know. WP Rocket is also active at the site that works fine with the same settings so I doubt that’s the issue. But I’ll give it a try anyways.

Thanks for the help so far.

Joachim

I think I’ve found the issue inside WP Rocket. I was using “Sitemap preloading”:

I’ve now turned it off and the first site now has 75 overall score and the second site 79. Let’s see if this will fix the issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.