[Support request] Yoast breadcrumbs in posts on post-page with full url-path

Home Forums Support [Support request] Yoast breadcrumbs in posts on post-page with full url-path

Home Forums Support Yoast breadcrumbs in posts on post-page with full url-path

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joerg

Hi Folks,

I use generatepress premium theme as a childtheme with Elementor Pro. So fare it works fine.

Now i want to include in the main menu a NEWS page (As a BLOG-Page). On this page i use the Elementor Pro Posts-Widget.

I understand it that way:

The posts are made in WordPress. So all meta data like:
    – title
    – puplishing date
    – author

are controled in WP. Correct?

i made a post-draw which i duplicate when i write a new post. The content-design i edit with Elementor.
    So fare so good.

Now my problem what i can not resolve:

In GP i added via css YOAST-breadcumbs before the footer, to be able to navigate easy back after reading the content of each page, without to be forced to use the menu or the browsers back-button.

When i mark the NEWS-page in GP as POST-page in the GP-settings, then it shows when i am allready into the post: the header1 (content) and meta an data from WP and also what i designed with elementor.

To read a post i have to click the menu item “NEWS”. There i the the overview of my posts how i arrange it with the Elementor-widget”Posts”. From there i click on “read more” to come into the post.
    Then opens the post
    But:
    This post is located not in the Pages URL – the breadcrumbs shows only the title of the post – so my strategy for navigate at page end (here post end) doesn’t work 🙁

Mabye a back button would do just to linke back to NEWS-page – but then i have to eleminate the lonely breadcrumb (title of the post).
    What can i do?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to the page you’re talking about? Having trouble picturing it.

Joerg

Hey Tom,

shure. Untile here http://www.chrapek.com/auribell/de/home/neuigkeiten/ is everything ok.

Follow the link “Mehr >>”
    It leads to http://www.chrapek.com/auribell/de/oticon-opn/

I understand that WP saves posts under the main path (under auribell/de/) so the breadcrumb is correct – but how to change it where WP stores the posts? Where? To get the path which i want (Startseite/NEUIGKEITEN/oticon-opn)?

Thanks and best
    Jörg

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, you might need to ask Yoast what kind of relationship between the posts and previous pages you need to set up. They might be able to point you in a better direction than I can as I’m not 100% sure how their breadcrumbs work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.