[Resolved] Yet another cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Yet another cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds

Home Forums Support Yet another cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Trevor

I too have this exact problem. Also on DreamHost.

I too have used various other premium themes and plugins that manage to validate their license keys without error. You mentioned you’re not really a server guy, but perhaps it’s time to hire a consultant for a few days who is and can solve this persistent problem once and for all. There must be a better way to validate licenses and do auto updates because other companies have fount it.

The theme is great, but without the support to back it up it’s not worth paying an annual fee.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’ll talk with our hosting more on this today. The issue is between servers and it only affects the automatic update feature in the plugin – nothing else.

Hopefully we’re able to find a permanent fix.

Trevor

Thanks Tom,

Please let us know what the solution ends up being.

In the meantime I put in a message on your contact form with the traceroute error Dreamhost is seeing from their server trying to reach your server.

Michael

Thanks Trevor! Hopefully the information you provide Tom will resolve this issue once and for all.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Trevor – yours was a banned IP by our server, we’ve unbanned it. Thanks for providing those details!

Talking with our hosting now about why this keeps happening with Dreamhost.

Trevor

Thanks Tom,

That did fix it, I have successfully linked the license now in WordPress. Hopefully you can solve the root cause of the problem and the server won’t get blocked again in the future!

Thanks again!

Jordan

I just started having the “cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds” error on Dreamhost also. What’s the fix for this issue?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’ve had some luck with traceroutes if you’re able to provide one. You can ask your host to generate one and then you can send it to us here: https://generatepress.com/contact/

The last I talked to our server they said we get a lot of malicious traffic from Dreamhost servers which is why the IPs are blocked regularly. The traceroute should tell us the IPs to check.

Jordan

Tom, thanks for clearing that up. The current site I’m having issues with is just a staging site and the production site will not be on Dreamhost, so I’ll just live with the timed out issue for now.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘Yet another cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds’ is closed to new replies.