[Support request] xml feed import from URL

Home Forums Support xml feed import from URL

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by robmac.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    robmac

Hello,

I would be grateful if anyone could please suggest a free plugin, that’s fairly easy to follow, for pulling in content from an XML Feed – from a URL? WP All Import looks cool, but feeds from a URL appear to be a paid upgrade.

Any suggestions appreciated…thank you!

GP Premium 1.3.1
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, none that I’m aware of, but I’ll keep an eye out 🙂

robmac

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    robmac

Thank you David. I did actually track that plugin down. But for a few $ I hired a gig provider, to get it done – they’ve got a good rep.

Follow-up general question please, to anyone skilled in this field – maybe the gig provider will know, I’ll raise it again with them.

Is there a way, that when a link is generated from an XML feed, to auto inject my affiliate code [tag] at the end of the url – so basically, every URL generated from the XML feed, gets a tag on the end – which in my case, will be my affiliate tag.

I’ve tested the tag structure I’d use and it works – I just need a way now, for the XML feed to auto generate it, for every link that comes down the XML feed.

I and the gig provider have observed, that the MAIN XML Feed already has the tag, but not the specific URL offers that flow FROM the main link – maybe they don’t need it, but it would seem prudent to make sure the tag is on all the links.

Thanks for anyone who maybe gets what I’m on about…it’s just hard to describe in a single sentence.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.