[Resolved] Wrong title showing as h1 tag

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Wrong title showing as h1 tag

Home Forums Support Wrong title showing as h1 tag

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Hi I have created a page and named it Home. When in the page editor I can see that the slug has lost the word home and just shows the site url. There is no facilty to allow me to edit the word “home” back in again which I find strange. Also when doing a source code search of my home page, instead of the site title being in the h1 tags, it displays the word home in h1 tags. Obviously my site title is not showing in search so can you help me resolve this problem. Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when you assign a Page as your Home Page in Settings > Reading the URL will always be just your top level URL.

If you want to change the title you should be able to edit this from the WordPress Page editor. Are you trying to edit in Elementor ?

Joe

Hi Dave. Editing in WordPress.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Go to the Page List and quick edit your home page – can you change the title there ?

Joe

Gone to pages > Home and quick edit. Changed the slug from lesson-in-golf, to lesson-in-golf/home which when I go back into quick editor now reads lesson-in-golf-home

When going to EDIT, home is no longer in the slug, just site url.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

WordPress removes the page title slug by default when the page is set to the home page.

Is that what you are referring to?

Joe

Hi Leo, my original post was stating that apart from “home” being stripped from the slug, “home” is actually showing as the h1 tag when veiwing the source code. This needs to read as the site title, don’t you think? How can I change this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Doesn’t look like you’ve added a site title though?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/site-title-tagline/

Joe

Looks OK to me. How can I add the image I have for this to let you see what I have?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use a service like this:
    https://postimages.org/

Joe
    Joe

Hope that works.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Right but you’ve checked to hide the site title and tagline though so nothing would show.

What would be the preferred solution?

Joe

I have changed that to show. But it only duplicates what’s in my header so I don’t see any benefit in that. Plus it doesn’t help the tag situation as described. This is what is in the source code. <h1 class=”entry-title” itemprop=”headline”>Home</h1>

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Now you can disable the site title using the disable element metabox of that page:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.