[Support request] Wrong special chars in TinyMCE visual editor

Home Forums Support [Support request] Wrong special chars in TinyMCE visual editor

Home Forums Support Wrong special chars in TinyMCE visual editor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Miguel

Hello everyone.

I’m experiencing some issues with special characters like stressed vowels or the ñ letter in WordPress’ TinyMCE visual tab. Instead of showing the correct character, it shows another one. However, in HTML edition and in front-end everything looks perfect.

I’ve checked that db is correctly set to UTF8. This issue does not happen when activating another theme. And it’s not solved when disabling all plugins, so it must be some kind of bug inside GeneratePress. What can be happening?

Miguel

In these screenshots you can see what’s actually happening.

Error

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you do me a facor and test this with only GP premium as the activated plugin?

Let me know 🙂

Miguel

Hi there,

Done and still happens… In all browsers. But what’s weird is that I tried in another PC and it all works correctly.

So this is a bug that happens in TinyMCE when using GeneratePress in one PC. I bet this is going to be hard to find.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s likely the font that’s being used inside the editor, which is a system font (which explains the one computer thing).

You can try adding a different font to the editor using add_editor_style: https://stackoverflow.com/a/47619438

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.