[Resolved] WPML compatible with GPP sections?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WPML compatible with GPP sections?

Home Forums Support WPML compatible with GPP sections?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Norman

Hi Tom and Leo,

I installed WPML, but it removes the styling from the translated pages. The original page is still okay. I’m not sure whether it’s a GP or WPML problem.

https://www.fairfieldcollege.nl/taalcursus

The language switcher is below the footer.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, this is definitely something we’ll want to correct. Have you reported it to the WPML developers? They have a GP Premium version for testing purposes.

It seems like the page isn’t getting the meta value which turns Sections on.

Norman

This is the response I got from WPML:

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
    As far as I see, the two pages – original and translation – use different page templates.

You should go to the translation and check if the same template is selected for the translated page as it is in the original language page.
    Of course, the issue could be also related to your theme – it depends on how the template is being determined.
    Let me know how it goes.

I don’t really get what they mean with template. I check but everything seems the same. Would be awesome if it can somehow be fixed

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Sections using the template_redirect action to redirect the page template to a custom page template in the plugin.

I wonder if there’s a way to tell WPML to use that template as well with a conditional? Might be worth asking them.

Norman

WPML helped out. This solved the problem:

Two system fields adjustments:
    1. _generate_use_sections – should be set to copy because it contains only one value that is either
    true or false and does not need translation
    2. _generate_sections – should be set to translate

These field can be found here:
    WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual content setup > Custom fields > Show system fields

Just to let you know.

Cheers!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – thanks so much for posting the solution! 🙂

Norman

Hi Tom and Leo,

You should have received some message of the WPML developers I believe. They weren’t really able to help me so far. I’m sort of stuck with the translations, because I cannot get GP sections to work with WPML.

I’m not sure what my question is, but do you have any idea how to make GP sections and WPML work together?

Thanks

https://www.fairfieldcollege.nl

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Norman,

So your above solution you posted is no longer working?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.