[Resolved] WPBakery Page Builder Not Updating

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WPBakery Page Builder Not Updating

Home Forums Support WPBakery Page Builder Not Updating

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adam

Hi,

I have just migrated our website from Maya Reloaded theme to GeneratePress and everything is working perfectly. The only thing is the WPBakery Page Builder plugin cannot be updated.

“An error occurred while updating WPBakery Page Builder: To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit Settings to activate your WPBakery Page Builder. Got WPBakery Page Builder in theme?”

Is there any way I can update the plugin or re-install it?

Thank you.

Adam

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This is something you will need to check with WPBakery’s support team.

They should be able to help you out 🙂

reg

Hi. I have a similar issue. After updating WordPress, When I try to update WPBakery, it will not update. I get “malformed URL: “key” is required.”
    I just purchased GP Premium, latest version. I had previously gotten WPBakery thru the Generate Press theme.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled WPBakery and WPBakery Ultimate Addons. I cleared my site cache.
    I followed your directions as well:
    Clear your browser cache.
    Clear and deactivate any caching plugins (keep them deactivated if you need to post your topic).
    If you have server caching in place, disable it.
    Deactivate your other plugins one by one to check for conflicts.
    Make sure you’re using the latest version of the theme: 3.0.3
    Make sure you’re using the latest version of GP Premium: 1.12.3
    Having done the above, I still cannot update WPBakery. According to them, “Got plugin with a WordPress theme? “If you got WPBakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer) by purchasing WordPress theme this does not grant you with a direct license for WPBakery Page Builder. In such case updates and support is managed by your WP theme author.”

My WP theme author is you : ) . Could you tell me what to do? WPBakery’s only option is to purchase a license.

-reg

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I had previously gotten WPBakery thru the Generate Press theme.

That’s not possible. We’ve never include WP Bakery in the theme installation. And we’ve never had any site library templates built with WPBakery either.

You will need to check with WPBakery’s support team.

Thanks!

reg

Hmm. Maybe it had come bundled with another theme. Thanks for the quick reply.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.