Home Forums Support WP Touch clash

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have a good sleep 🙂

Jaakko Pöntinen

Heyy!

Sorry for the inactivity! Had a long run of laying pavers at work, totally drained me! I’ll test the addons separately as soon as I can, hopefully tomorrow (sunday).

This subject is still important to me and I want to help in getting to the bottom of it 🙂

– JP

Jaakko Pöntinen

Ok,

It’s the “Menu Plus” addon. Switching that on/off breaks WPT menu/read more/search function.

– Jaakko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, I wonder if this is worth trying?: https://support.wptouch.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524722

Jaakko Pöntinen

Yes,

I’ve used the compatibility tool all along to switch GPP on/off for mobile visitors.

As for the filter part of the guide… I need additional info on how that would help us troubleshoot this problem ’cause that’s all foreign territory to me. For now, I’ll just turn the Menu Plus GP addon off, since I’m not using it anyway.

More advice on how to continue testing, please 🙂

– JP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So turning off GP Premium for mobile visitors doesn’t fix the issue even though Menu Plus is causing it?

Jaakko Pöntinen

Yes, it fixes the menu problem but causes an other one: the customizer gets broken on some occasion when accessing it IF GPP is turned off in WPT compatibility. When that happens the customizer doesn’t load at all, instead it returns a blank page with just the HTML and HEAD tags in it.

So for now, all is good for me, since Menu Plus can be turned off on it’s own and so being, GPP can remain activated in WPT.

– JP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah I understand! I’ll look into it some more 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm I’ve been testing this and it seems to work fine with the free version of WP Touch. Can you confirm that it’s only the pro version causing the issue?

Jaakko Pöntinen

Heya, sorry again for the long pause. Work & family, ’nuff said.

I’n not sure I can – the site i use WPT Pro just came online for commercial use some time ago. If I can somehow be sure that installing WPT won’t mess with WPT Pro settings and the switch back to WPT Pro works as well… Then yes, I can.

Don’t want to loose anything though, been a lot of detailed fidgety css to get to the point of exactness I want.

This problem tracking is scary stuff and takes a lot of effort. Hats off to you for being a developer – can’t imagine what it’s like to you. I’ll reply to this topic if I dare venture into further testing.

– Jaakko P

Jaakko Pöntinen

I want to test this and I’m gonna do it. Scared though.

– Jaakko P

Jaakko Pöntinen

Ok, Done.

I had an another site running WPT Free. Deactivated Menu Plus, everything works in mobile – menu, search, load more posts.

The clash is between WPT Free/Pro and the Menu Plus GP Addon.

– Jaakko P

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jaakko,

Sorry, this one got away from me!

My tests with WPT Free and Menu Plus had no issues, so I’m assuming it’s only the pro version.

I would need to get my hands on the pro version for testing purposes in order to figure it out.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Tom.
    Jaakko Pöntinen

Heya!

No prob, man! For me the free version and menu plus together yielded the same results as with WPT Pro and menu plus.

– JP

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.