Home Forums Support WP Touch clash

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jaakko Pöntinen

Heyy,

There’s a problem with Wptouch (Pro), it seems that if GP is left on for mobile browsing the menu and search functions of the mobile WPT-generated site cease to function. If I turn GP off for mobile version, everything works fine.

I poked around some and found some stuff about jQuery, but that’s where I can go no further since, uh, I know almost nothing about that.

Thanks!

– Jaakko Pöntinen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to the site so I can take a look?

Jaakko Pöntinen

Heya,

To you, yes. The regular support email address fine for link sharing?

– J

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sure is 🙂

Jaakko Pöntinen

Ok, to tally up the situation:

If GP is turned off in the WPTouch control panel, the customizer shows a blank page whether you’re accessing the desktop version customizer OR the mobile version one.

If GP is not turned off in WPT, “Load more entries”, search and the menu won’t work when accessing with mobile.

Kind of annoying, but nothing that could not be overcome. Though, of course, a fix would be better than switching the compatibility mode on/off every time I need to adjust something, breaking the mobile site or the customizer in turn.

How do I go about helping you solve this, Tom?

– JP

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Jaakko Pöntinen. Reason: grammar
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send me the plugin so I can test it out on my development server?

Jaakko Pöntinen

It’s the pro version of WPT. Am I allowed to share it? Or would it even work even if I sent it, since it’s bought with a single site license?

– JP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll try the free version 🙂

Jaakko Pöntinen

Thanks.

Update: I just finished using the customizer in conjunction with a mobile device, developing the theme on both the desktop version and the mobile one working from my desktop compy. The thing is: I used the customizer and what do you know, even the mobile version works, menus and all! That should have not been possible.

I rushed to the WPTouch settings to check whether GP was turned on or off for WPT when it serves the site to mobile users. It was off. I changed absolutely nothing and headed back to the customizer, only to be fronted by a blank page!

So just visiting the WPT control panel broke the customizer!

I’ll update again with more findings.

– Jaakko Pöntinen

Jaakko Pöntinen

Update:

Loggin out / in won’t fix the customizer. Blank page. Mobile site works, because GP is still turned off in WPT.

Deleted browser cache/temp files, logged in, customizer works!

Visiting WPT settings… Opening customizer… Still works? What the. Page loaded reads http://x.y/wp-admin/customize.php?return=%2Fwp-admin%2Fadmin.php%3Fpage%3Dwptouch-admin-general-settings

What’s going on here. Mobile site works as well. Uh.

Jaakko Pöntinen

Ok, I have no clue. Back to you, Tom! I give up. I don’t have the skills required.

– Jaakko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you confirm that this doesn’t happen when using a default Twenty-X theme? I can’t think of anything in GP that would cause these kinds of issues.

Jaakko Pöntinen

Heya,

I tested, it happens with other themes as well. Do note that when I’ve said “GP” during this conversation, I haven’t meant the GP theme, but the plugin pack, more specifically GP Premium.

It’s not the WP theme that’s clashing with WPT, it’s GPP.

I think you’ve understood this, but just to be sure… 🙂

– Jaakko

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, so can you deactivate all GPP add-ons in “Appearance > GeneratePress” and then activate them one by one until the issue happens? That will narrow it down to which add-on is causing the issue 🙂

Jaakko Pöntinen

Yes sir, I can.

Only tomorrow, now it’s sleepy time.

– JP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.