[Resolved] wp tiles on category archive

Home Forums Support [Resolved] wp tiles on category archive

Home Forums Support wp tiles on category archive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Philip

Hello
    I not know if i do proper to ask this here but the code provided on wp tiles site does not work as it should with your theme.
    It say like this.
    (Displaying WP Tiles for the current category
    If you want to display all posts in the same category on every single post, or on a category archive, you can use the_category_wp_tiles. It accepts the same arguments as the_wp_tiles, but automatically modifies the query to grab posts from the current category.)

After i add that in archive.php like this

<?php /* Start the Loop */ ?>
    			<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

<?php
    					/* Include the Post-Format-specific template for the content.
    					 * If you want to override this in a child theme, then include a file
    					 * called content-___.php (where ___ is the Post Format name) and that will be used instead.
    					 */
    					the_category_wp_tiles( 'content', get_post_format() );
    				?>

the posts in each category are repeated 6 times but i need them 1 time, hope you can help me with this i prefer wp tiles in place of blog masonry sorry.

bdbrown

Hi Filip. This is really outside the scope of theme support. I loaded the plugin on a test site and, based on the way you have it implemented, it will show the tiles for all the posts in the category, in every location that a normal post would be displayed on the archive page. So it sounds like you have 6 posts in the category in which case you would see a group of 6 tiles repeated 6 times. I checked the plugin documentation but it isn’t very descriptive. Have you tried asking for additional information on the WP Tiles plugin support forum?

Philip

I did not try to ask them will do that tomorrow, thanks for help.

bdbrown

You’re welcome 🙂 Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.