[Support request] WP Retina 2x Plugin

Home Forums Support [Support request] WP Retina 2x Plugin

Home Forums Support WP Retina 2x Plugin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

Hi,

As I haven’t read anything about GP being retina ready I downloaded the plugin WP Retina 2 x.

Do you know the best setting for this plugin please? Apparently whether you choose Responsive Images or PictureFill depends mainly on the theme that your using?

Thanks
    Steve

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Stephen, try the Responsive Images setting this should work. The PictureFill is generally used as a fall back setting. Let me know

Stephen

Hi David,

The Responsive Images works fine, thanks.

Do you use the wp retina 2x plugin? If so, do you use/insert full -size images on your pages or do you use WP thumbnail sizes?

Thanks
    Steve

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Stephen, you can use both, so full image for full width sections, and WP sized image for contained images. The plugin has an option to disable the Medium / Large images that WP generates and it creates its own variants. To be honest though i haven’t experimented with this

Stephen

Hi David,

Thanks David.

The plugin developer says its best not to use full-size images as that will prevent WP from displaying any Responsive Images in its place. Do you know if that’s the case?

Thanks
    Steve

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Stephen – i think the developer probably knows better than i on this one.

Anna

Hi. Maybe you planned create some simple theme retina ready? Im also use https://meowapps.com/plugin/wp-retina-2x/ but cant understand how right settings…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WP now creates larger sizes than – these are those sizes:

thumbnail 150px
    medium 300px
    medium_large 768px
    large 1024px
    1536x1536
    2048x2048 

If you upload a Full size image that is 2048px or larger it will generate all those sizes.
    Then the Browser if it supports Retina can access those sizes.

Then for example if you add an image that fills 768px wide container then a Retina device will grab the the 1536px image.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.