[Resolved] WP Commission Machine activated in Generate Press does not allow Save&Publish

Home Forums Support WP Commission Machine activated in Generate Press does not allow Save&Publish

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dallas

Hi,

I recently purchased WP Commission Machine, an affiliate shop tool for WP that works with Woocommerce. When it is activated, if I try to go in and do a customization, I am unable to Save&Publish. It works if I deactivate the Plugin, or when I use it with the theme Twenty Seventeen. I also have the latest version of the theme and premium GP installed. I would like to use GP with this aff-on tool, but it s4ems to be unable to do updates in Customization, even if I turn off or on the Site Identification name or tagline.

GeneratePress 1.3.43
    GP Premium 1.2.94
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

When GP and this plugin are active, go into the Customizer. Using Chrome, right click the page and click “Inspect”.

Are there any red errors in the Console area?

Dallas

Hi Tom,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I did what you suggested, and did see an error. Here is what was on the console tab:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    load-scripts.php:4

All of the following was in red and X’d out:
    ——————————————————————————————————-
    POST http://trilogusmediagroupco.ipage.com/wishnook/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php 500 (Internal Server Error)
    send @ load-scripts.php:4
    ajax @ load-scripts.php:4
    (anonymous) @ load-scripts.php:29
    a.Deferred @ load-scripts.php:9
    send @ load-scripts.php:29
    post @ load-scripts.php:29
    g @ load-scripts.php:31
    save @ load-scripts.php:31
    (anonymous) @ load-scripts.php:31
    dispatch @ load-scripts.php:3
    r.handle @ load-scripts.php:3
    ——————————————————————————————————-

jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1

The error ossurs only with GeneratePress (The generic themes loaded with WordPress are fine).
    The plugin WP Commission Machine is the one it is conflicting with, no other theme has an issue.

Dallas

Hi Tom,

I deleted WP Commission MAchine and Woocommerce.

Customizer worked fine.

Then I added Woocommerce back in, and it failed to save the changes under Customizer.

Here is the error message:

http://trilogusmediagroupco.ipage.com/wishnook/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Dallas

Hi Tom,

I was able to fix the issue. There was not enough memory allocated in wp-includes/default-constants.php.

This is my first time using Woocommerce, and it requires more memory than allocated by default.

Here is the link to the article:

https://www.webhostinghero.com/increase-php-memory-limit-for-wordpress/

Following te directions under Increasing the Limit via wp-config.php

I doubled the memory from 64M to 128M and 40M to 80M.

Then I got out of my WP site and went back in.

Customizer now works.

I hope this helps someone else, but any expert might have known what I discovered.

Thank you for a great theme in Generatepress!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, I’m glad you were able to get it working! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.