I setup a development site using the Duplicator plugin for testing purposes. The new site works perfectly, identical to the original, except wp-admin is a white page. Access to wp-login.php directly works, but doesn’t login. So far I have :
– deactivated all plugins in phpMyAdmin (didn’t work)
– changed theme to default theme (didn’t work)
– renamed the plugins folder in cPanel to have WP deactivate the plugins itself (didn’t work)
– renamed the .htaccess file to pretend it is not there (didn’t work)
– tried copying the content of the original .htaccess file into the new one (didn’t work)
– tried reinstalling entirely in case something went wrong on install (didn’t work)
When I click on Forgot password and enter a user name or email address, I receive the email with associated username and email combination. So the information is in the database. But when I click on the change password link, nothing happens, I get a white page.
I have opened a similar ticket with Duplicator, but could you help me from a theme standpoint?