[Resolved] Would like slideout menu appearing sitewide on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Would like slideout menu appearing sitewide on mobile

Home Forums Support Would like slideout menu appearing sitewide on mobile

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brett

Hey there,

I have enabled the slideout menu on mobile for my website. However, there are two separate mobile menus appearing depending on which page you look at.

For example, if I go to the homepage and view the mobile version of the site, the correct mobile menu that I would like to use appears. However, if I visit another page on the site, an entirely different mobile menu appears. I would like the one that appears on the homepage to appear sitewide.

Any way you can point me in the direction to fix this?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Brett,

Could you go to Customizer > Layout > Off Canvas Panel, set Off Canvas Panel to Off?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Brett

That worked to turn the Off Canvas Panel off, but I want the off canvas panel on for every page on mobile devices, instead of the other way around

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Can you set your Off-canvas menu to “mobile only” again so we could re-check the Menu’s behavior?

Let us know.

Brett

Absolutely. I just updated the Off-canvas menu to “mobile only” again

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t see the “separate” mobile menu you’ve mentioned.

Perhaps you’re regarding to “site-navigation” and “generate-slideout-menu”?

Those 2 are indeed separate menus within the DOM structure but they only show on different viewports. They don’t overlap or show at the same viewport. “site-navigation” only shows on desktop(or tablet depending on break point and “generate-slideout-menu” only appears depending on how you’ve set it on the customizer.

As for the slideout not working(perhaps you’ve notice this already). Your site seems to be using AMP.

You can try temporarily disabling AMP.

Off-canvas menus are known to not work well (yet) with AMP-enabled sites.

Brett

I see. I think it’s the AMP pages that I’m having trouble with. I appreciate the help. I’ll just go with the menu that’s not slideout and work with primary navigation instead. Thanks!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad to be of any help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.