[Support request] Wordsmith and navigator template – Is H1 already part of the title?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Wordsmith and navigator template – Is H1 already part of the title?

Home Forums Support Wordsmith and navigator template – Is H1 already part of the title?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vinay Karanam

Hey folks,

I’m using Wordsmith and Navigator as template for couple of sites. I’m sorta new and learning about on-page seo, I read a article that says most of the themes use have H1 tags being implemented into Title. I checked the page source and it doesnt look they are implementing it. Just want to double check in case I’m missing something here.

Thanks
    V

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Vinay, good to hear your using the Sites.

Both Sites do use the H1 tag, for example on the Home page they are both using the GP PageHeaders, which uses the {{post_title}} template tag wrapped in a H1.

They both have a Style guide which will show you the H1 styling.

Hope this helps

Vinay Karanam

Thank you David,

So basically the title is the first H1 for the post and if I need another H1 the I need to add a separate one?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Vinay, yes by default the Page / Post title is a H1. Generally their should only be a single H1 on a page as this as indexed by the search engine. If you want to use a similar style but not have it indexed as a H1 then you can always use one of the other headings available and style that to match.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.