[Support request] WordPress 5.5 breaking header elements in Firefox 79.0

Home Forums Support [Support request] WordPress 5.5 breaking header elements in Firefox 79.0

Home Forums Support WordPress 5.5 breaking header elements in Firefox 79.0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    stlayman

So I just updated to WP 5.5 and my custom image headers, created per page using Elements, are no longer showing up. There should be images to the right of the menu for all the pages. (they are blank now) To test, take a look at the URL below using Firefox and compare with using Chrome. Please let me know what you see using Firefox. I have cleared my cache multiple times and turned off private browsing. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not seeing anything obvious as to why that would be happening. Have you checked with Beaver Builder, yet? It seems like it’s their module not showing up – I wonder if there’s an issue they’re aware of?

Let me know πŸ™‚

stlayman

The same is happening for a previous version using Firefox. (fyi)
    I’ve submitted a support ticket to Beaver Builder and will let you know what they say. thanks much Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good, thanks!

stlayman

Here’s what BB said: I’ll update later tonight. Seems to be a bug with lazy loading of images.

“That’s actually a bug in WP 5.5. We’ve already fixed this in version 2.4.0.1 which you can download from your My Account page on our site.”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad they have a fix ready πŸ™‚

stlayman

Well this has NOT been fixed actually. They are still working on it!
    Tom, is it possible that because I’m hiding the headers on desktop using CSS, that this is slowing down the immediate calculation for the image sizes in the content sliders, thereby only loading a partial image? Is it better to actually DISABLE the header per page? Sometimes I can see the header coming in, then it hides.
    The partial loading of the images in the slider is happening intermittently using Chrome and Edge also fyi.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If the bug is due to lazy loading, maybe it’s best to disable it for now?:

add_filter( 'wp_lazy_loading_enabled', '__return_false' );

Let me know πŸ™‚

stlayman

Hi, I’d already done that day before yesterday. Seems like it’s not the lazy loading problem…

stlayman

I tried to create a new page to place the BB content slider shortcode by itself, to test, but when I “excluded” the test page from the header element page location, the test page is ignoring that, and showing a default header. So all new pages are defaulting to include a seemingly random elements page header. Not sure where to go from here! Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you mention to them that disabling lazy load didn’t fix the issue? Perhaps they have another idea?

stlayman

Yes, I’ve been helping them troubleshoot the problem. Their idea is that they want to see the slider on a page by itself, but everytime I create a new page to drop it in, a “default” custom header element appears on the page, even though I’ve “excluded” it in the page locations.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, you can test that by setting your Header Elements to “Draft”, that way they won’t display at all regardless of their Display Rules.

stlayman

But that would negatively effect all the other pages. Is there a way to disable the header per page another way, since disable header on the test page is already enabled (but is still showing up.)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If it’s still showing up, it means one of the other conditions is applying to the page you’re looking at.

If none of the conditions match, it shouldn’t display.

Can you take a screenshot of your “Appearance > Elements” page for me?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.