[Support request] WordPress 5.5 and Block Editor

Home Forums Support [Support request] WordPress 5.5 and Block Editor

Home Forums Support WordPress 5.5 and Block Editor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sumit

Hi I am wondering if generatepress theme is ready for upcoming wordpress 5.5 update. This seems to be a major release by wordpress.

Also things seem to be moving towards block editor and I have noticed a new player in the market by name kadencewp. I wonder how does generate press’s block plugin compare to kadence’s blocks plugin.

Looking to get a better informed about this block editor game, I never liked page builder plugin but all these new block editor plugin seems to be claiming the removal of bloat.

Please enlighten me.

Thank you.

Omak

Kadence block is good pluign but I had bad experience. Kadence CSS styles took priority over the rest and the width of Gutenberg Content area has been reduced due to Kadence blocks. I had to delete this plugin.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP will be ready for WP 5.5 ๐Ÿ™‚

We would like to think that GenerateBlocks outperforms Kadence block and less bloat.

I would recommend doing some testing yourself and see which one you like it better though.

Sumit

Does generateblocks has all the features that kedence blocks does as far as front end design customization goes?

I would rather stay with generatepress. Just trying to figure out what front both products differe from each other.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GenerateBlocks has a different approach to all the other block plugins.
    Instead of lots of dedicated blocks such as testimonials, notices etc it uses 4 blocks:

Container, Grid, Headline and Buttons

With those 4 you can create any type of layout or block design. This allows for greater control and customization of the layouts then purpose built blocks. It is also much lighter.

The settings available from colors, gradients, background images, typography controls are vast.

Buttons and Headlines have inline SVG options that do no limit you to ( or load ) a Icon Font library;

It uses no JS and all CSS is dynamically generated and can be output inline or as an external file. Our focus has been efficient clean code that is easily extendable to which we have many new options planned in free and the future Pro version.

Things such as Forms, Sliders etc. we ( currently ) leave these to dedicated plugins. We don’t want to limit choice or add code that could be redundant.

Paired with GP Premium and the introduction of Block Elements in GPP 1.11 you can now ‘hook’ in templates as you could previously in only HTML:

https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-11-0-block-elements/

Sumit

Hi Dave, do I still need generate blocks plugin if I have blocks elements in generatepress premium plugin ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes – GB is a completely separate plugin from GP ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.