[Support request] Woocommerce Template Not Overriding When In GP_Child Sub Folder

Home Forums Support [Support request] Woocommerce Template Not Overriding When In GP_Child Sub Folder

Home Forums Support Woocommerce Template Not Overriding When In GP_Child Sub Folder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scott

Hello,

To elaborate, when the WC templates are placed in the root of my child theme folder, everything works and the correct files are rendered. As shown in here, below the footer:
    Correct Template Rendered

However, when I place these same files into generatepress_child/woocommerce/ they are not rendered. Instead the default archive.php file is rendered, as shown here below the footer:
    Incorrect Template Rendered

I’ve tried a bunch of different fixes, however all yield this same result. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the WC templates to work in the sub folder?

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s strange – according to their documentation, it should only work if placed into a woocommerce folder: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/template-structure/

Perhaps they’ve changed it? I’m not too sure unfortunately. Have you checked with their support yet?

Berto

This is also not working for me.

generatepress_child/woocommerce/order/order-details.php

Wondering if anyone else has had an issue with this whilst using GP?

Berto

@Tom sorry any thoughts on this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what happens if you move the template to the root of your child theme ie.

generatepress_child/order-details.php

Berto

Nothing.

Just wondering if this has been tested recently?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t think the issue itself has anything to do with GeneratePress, as GP doesn’t have/overwrite any WooCommerce templates.

For testing purposes, does it work if you use a Twenty-Twenty child theme?

Berto

Thanks, Tom, you can mark this as resolved as it has nothing to do with GP.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.