[Resolved] WooCommerce Tags Page Lay Out

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce Tags Page Lay Out

Home Forums Support WooCommerce Tags Page Lay Out

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can’t currently edit Woocommerce templates with Elementor, i believe that will be available soon.

Is there anything in particular you want to do?

Marcel

I would like to create beautiful templates both for tags but categories and sub-categories pages. Maybe Anywhere Elementor Pro could help with that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Anywhere Elementor Pro may be the way to go until Elementor finishes its Woo builder, which is part of the 2.1 Beta release.

Altneratively if you have any examples of what your trying to achieve we can always look at whether some CSS and the use of GP Hooks can achieve that.

Marcel

I would like to add some content on the left side of pages, as long as it is beneficial for SEO, but I would prefer to be inside the page and not in the sidebar. Here is a plugin on Codecanyon (https://bit.ly/2N5u7Uw), but I think is better to wait until Elementor pro 2.1 will be released. Do you consider that is better to wait until release or to use Anywhere Elementor Pro? Thanks for patience.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is that just a visual thing being in the main content area? Can always style the page so it doesn’t look like its in a sidebar 🙂

AE Pro is a great plugin and from a great developer. But i would say that its use is being slowly eroded by Elementor updates so may be better to wait for the Woo builder.

Marcel

It is not necessarily a visual thing being in the main content area. But sidebars content is differently crawled by robots compared with the main content. So final idea is, to be understood better, I would like to have content within the main content area, in a pleasant visual mode. Anyway, I am worried that Elementor Pro or any other addon work in the same way, using widgets…Widgets and sidebars content is seen different by robots. Am I wrong?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not an expert in that field, but generally aside content is viewed as secondary but i am not sure how they are handled by the search engine bots. I think if the content is not templated then it will be treated as valued content. Personally i would look to exploit the taxonomy description, spice it up with GP Page Headers and use Hooks to add content after the loop. I think you’ll be excited to see whats coming with GP 1.7, adding content to the page header and woo hooks will become super flexible.

Marcel

Sounds great. I know how to use Page Headers but I don’t know too much about adding content after the loop using Hooks. I would prefer to use only GP cause clean code and speed. May I have a simple example how to add content after the loop?
    BTW: When GP 1.7 is supposed to be available?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Here’s an example PHP Snippet you can use:

add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop' , 'db_shop_loop');
    function db_shop_loop() { ?>
    	// HTML Content, do shortcode etc
    <?php }

And this guide shows you where the other hooks are.

https://businessbloomer.com/woocommerce-visual-hook-guide-archiveshopcat-page/

GP 1.7 is currently in private Alpha testing. I expect it to go into public beta in the next week or two. You will be able to do the above with writing code!

Marcel

Thanks, David
    I know how to add this code to my theme-function.php. But where I should add into GP HOOKS?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can’t add it to a Hook – the add_action is writing the content into the woocommerce_after_shop_loop hook. So either the child theme function file or use a plugin like Code Snippets.

Marcel

Ok. Thanks a lot

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.