[Support request] Woocommerce stopped Display secondary image on hover after moving product title

Home Forums Support [Support request] Woocommerce stopped Display secondary image on hover after moving product title

Home Forums Support Woocommerce stopped Display secondary image on hover after moving product title

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kostas

I have moved the position of the Woocommerce product title on top of the Product Image in the Shop page.
    For this i used the following actions:

`remove_action(‘woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item_title’,’woocommerce_template_loop_product_thumbnail’, 10 );

add_action( 'woocommerce_shop_loop_item_title', 'woocommerce_template_loop_product_thumbnail', 11 );

However now WooCommerce stopped Displaying the secondary image on hover.

Can anybody please explain this? I suppose this should work out of the box.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71298206/woocommerce-stopped-display-secondary-image-on-hover-after-moving-title-on-top-o

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kostas,

The hover to show second image is a feature of GP, so it won’t work out of box with woocommerce_template_loop_product_thumbnail.

Try this snippet instead:

add_action('woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item_title', 'woocommerce_template_loop_product_title', 9);

Then you’ll need this CSS to reposition the second image:

.wc-has-gallery .secondary-image {
        top: 20px;
    }

Adjust the 20px to fit your design.

Kostas

hi,
    thanks for the tip, however i end with images not displaying at all.

I have now replaced my code with:

//move product title on top of image in archive pages
    remove_action('woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item_title','woocommerce_template_loop_product_thumbnail', 10 );

add_action('woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item_title', 'woocommerce_template_loop_product_title', 11);

Could you please advise?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you remove the functions you’re currently using so we get back to where both images are displayed correctly. And then ill take a look at an alternative method.

Kostas

ok,

i have removed those 2 actions

remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item_title', 'woocommerce_template_loop_product_thumbnail', 10 );

add_action( 'woocommerce_shop_loop_item_title', 'woocommerce_template_loop_product_thumbnail', 11 );

now the 2nd image displays fine.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kostas,

Sorry I should’ve made it more clear, the solution here is to only add my PHP snippet and remove your snippets:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-stopped-display-secondary-image-on-hover-after-moving-product-title/#post-2145808

Can you give it another try?

Let me know 🙂

Kostas

hi,
    i now get the Product title moved on top but the Product title also remains underneath the Product image, having 2 titles one on top and one underneath the image.
    Also when i mouse over the title on top disappears that is not what i’d like.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can go to customizer > layout > Woocommerce, uncheck the Display product title option, so there will only be one title.

Also when i mouse over the title on top disappears that is not what i’d like.

Not sure what this means, let me know if there’s any more questions after apply the CSS I mentioned here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-stopped-display-secondary-image-on-hover-after-moving-product-title/#post-2145808

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.