[Support request] Woocommerce single product page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Woocommerce single product page

Home Forums Support Woocommerce single product page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Hi GP team,

I’m looking to move my current website from a Flatsome theme to GP.

I have 2 questions on the single product page.

1. How do you change the layout of a single product page? (e.g shifting SKU to product description tabs)
    2. Is there a way to define specific layouts for a certain product ID? (e.g. a different layout for a product thats being promoted?)

I’ve tried searching documentations and previous posts and it seems it can only be done via custom coding (e.g functions.php)

Is there a way currently that i can do it via Elements or Sections module?

Here is the current way i do it for Flatsome theme according to the questions above:

1. Design a page via their blocks system and in the customization/options page of the theme, define the custom product page(block) that i’m using.
    2. There is an option in the woocommerce > product edit page that can allow specific products to take on pages/blocks

I’ve attached the link to my current website and also pictures of how i implement it currently.

I seek your kind advice on how best to proceed with this situation.

Apologies for the long post, just found out about this theme and im learning the ropes of it here.

Thank you
    Ian

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. This cannot be done within the theme unfortunately as that’s handled by WooCommerce itself.

I would assume that you’d need to modify the single product template but definitely worth checking with their support:
    https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/tree/master/templates

2. Yeah some substantial coding is definitely required for that.

If you are thinking about changing GP’s WooCommerce options for specific products or category, then you can use this filter:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/option_generate_woocommerce_settings/

If you are referring to things like layout etc then I think modifying the template is required.

Hope this helps to get you started 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.