[Resolved] Woocommerce shortcode Products don´t show OK for tablet&mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woocommerce shortcode Products don´t show OK for tablet&mobile

Home Forums Support Woocommerce shortcode Products don´t show OK for tablet&mobile

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    David

Thanks for your help Tom, Daniel & David.

Yesterday I deleted the shortcode from woocommerce and installed elementor pro to display the products on the main page.

With the code of Tom and what has added David in the Customizer seems to be all OK, but when you see it on a tablet or mobile still appear the 2 columns although GP defines only one.

It is true that the result looks better … but it still does not look right.

The truth is that although Elementor has many possibilities I prefer to work with lighweight grid + css and WP Show Post … In fact if with wp show post there was a possibility to show the products and that the button to add the cart would be great!

I’ve tried it on different devices (even on an old iphone 4) and everything looks perfect.

I appreciate your help because I am more designer than programmer and my knowledge of php are small to solve these unforeseen.

Regards!

Fernando Díaz Gascón

I confirm I have the same problem than those commented, but using Beaver Builder (I understand is the same problem because the woocommerce multiple products module of Beaver is simply the shortcode).

I put 1 column in mobile in the GP settings and the result is two ugly columns glued to the left.
    With the CSS to force 1 column looks now ok, but let us now when it is fixed.

And thanks a lot for the woocommerce add-on. This is what makes GP the perfect theme.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi David, sorry i wasn’t very clear, my CSS and customiser settings forces the elementor sections to display a single column on mobile devices as I generally use elementor to create a 2 or 3 column section to display a ‘hero image’ or slider with a single featured product in one of the columns. Which works nice on the mobile device. This method allowed me to continue using GP and its customiser for the main shop page as it works great whilst still being able to be more design orientated for landing pages.
    I think your right though – if Tom could add the shop loop into WP Show post this would be awesome 😉 or if he could create an alternative to the terrible woo short-codes would be great.

What Tom has done with GP and Woo is excellent but may become a full time job for him!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh one other thing Tom, i have noticed that when changing the columns the add to basket button doesn’t rescale…..

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

For those using elementor you may be interested in the following:

More responsive table 4 elementor

It adds responsive functionality for tablets. Would expect this to become part of Elementor in the near future.

Coulter

Also experiencing issues with WooCommerce shortcodes and mobile/tablet views.

I’m using pure Generatepress without any page builder.

The core WooCommerce pages all work fine, but if I add a custom page (i.e. “Sale Items”) and add a shortcode to display products, the layout does not switch to 1 column at smaller screen sizes. Instead, my 4 column layout is retained and everything gets squished into oblivion.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to the page?

Coulter

Sorry, it seems I have prematurely posted. This morning I used your CSS snippet from page 1 and that fixed the issue. I’ll still have to play with the margins and padding a little, but your code got me 99% of the way there.

Oh btw, loving the theme so far! I’ve gotten more done in a few days than I did in two weeks with the previous theme I was using. 😛

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear! 🙂

Ammar

I have exactly the same problem. I tried placing WC recent products on homepage through both Elementor shortcode and Pro Widget, and the result is the same, messed up layout on tablet and mobile.

Contacted Elementor support, and after reviewing my server debug info, they asked me to contact GP. Well, thanks to this forum and David, I used the above code, and it did resolve the issue, though there is still alignment issue on mobile, and one column on tablet does not look appealing.

I hope however Tom will find a permanent fix to the issue, as currently I can’t customize my site with Elementor (shop/product) pages due to this problem.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The fix has been added to the next version of GPP.

What’s the alignment issue you’re having? Can you show me?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I believe Tom has something in the pipeline for this (its currently in Beta). Personally, the current version of Elementor adds no value to Woo pages or products. I would let Woo and GP do its thing and if needed use some CSS to make your pages rock! Plenty of support given here

Ammar

Glad to know fix is coming 🙂

Alignment issue turned out to be my mistake, from my previous attempts to align products images for tablet and mobile. I just removed my previous margin/padding entries, and images are aligned in the center now.

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! 🙂

David

Hi! I just installed GP 1.4.1 and the woocommerce shortcodes work correctly! Awesome! Thanks Tom, congratulations to all your team 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.