[Resolved] Woocommerce Shop Page Product Image Too Small

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woocommerce Shop Page Product Image Too Small

Home Forums Support Woocommerce Shop Page Product Image Too Small

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alirio

If you go to https://shop.ithrive.health/product-category/children-supplements/ on desktop, image sizes are ok. When you load the same page on mobile, images show too small (maybe thumbnails). How can I fix this? I’d like normal size images on mobile.

Thank you!!!

Rio

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Customizer > Woocommerce > Product Images –> Thumbnail width – currently it looks as though you have that set to 300px. Increase that value to suit your mobile size eg. 400px.

Alirio

Hi David. Thanks for replying. As suggested, I switched it from 300 to 400 px and still the same result. I tried this setting before with 600 and nothing. Also, on mobile, after I click on the product and go to the product page, the selected image shown is also a thumbnail. Very little. However, the images show correct when I am on the customizer and select the cellphone view.

Also, I’m using Siteground. All I have is GPP, GB (not using it at the moment), WZone (to pull products from Amazon), Code Snippets, and WooCommerce. I’ve noticed that loading the home page the first time is very slow (it loads after a few, maybe, 5 seconds). Is this normal? Maybe because the shop page has to be created the first time? It seems to me it’s a long time. I thought I would not need a caching plugin.

Thanks again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I cannot see why the images are not being rendered at the correct size. The markup is correct, the container size is large enough and the correct thumbnails are available.

The only thing that is not standard is that the images are being served from a remote AWS server. Can whatever mechanism you’re using to do that be disabled so we eliminate that as being the cause?

Alirio

Hey David. There was a setting on WooZone to download the images. I had it as remote images even though images are still downloaded on this setting. After switching to download images, img links point to local images and product images show the right size now.

I have to delete all products and re-download them all…ugh.

As always, thank you for your help!

Rio

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well that sucks…. but i am glad to hear you found what the issue was.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.