[Support request] Woocommerce product page header image showing featured image in translations

Home Forums Support [Support request] Woocommerce product page header image showing featured image in translations

Home Forums Support Woocommerce product page header image showing featured image in translations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Diederick

Hi,

I’m trying to set a custom header image for each product using the Header image addon for GP.
    The header should be different then the featured image.
    I can make this happen on the main language of the site.
    (I’m using WPML to translate everything)
    So when I go to the translated page of this product the image I have set using the page header addon for GP is gone and back to the featured image.

Any Idea how i can resolve this?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It may be worth asking WPML if it’s possible to keep certain meta values as they are when viewing different translations. I’ve heard of this happening a couple times, so there might be something they can do.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Diederick

Hi,

Just got some feedback from WPML.
    I already tested it and it works.
    Only downside this will coast me a lot of work.

They propose to go into the woocommerce settings: WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings
    And change the translation interface to native instead of the wpml interface.

After this if you go to a translated page you can edit all generatepress settings as well.
    So kinda solves it, only this takes a really long time…
    If this can be integrated this would be awesome!

So please tell me what you think about this.

Kind regards

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – thanks for sharing the solution. I’ll look into it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.