[Support request] WooCommerce Product Detail Page, can this be right?

Home Forums Support [Support request] WooCommerce Product Detail Page, can this be right?

Home Forums Support WooCommerce Product Detail Page, can this be right?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

I’m trying to do what seems like should be standard, which is to have a product detail page that displays the description of the product. When I edit a product, there is a WYSIWYG editor so you can enter the description of your product but when I view the product, the description I entered doesn’t show up. I’ve looked everywhere but I can’t see any setting that mentions the product description or turning it on or off.

I’ve tried disabling and enabling the GP plugin to see if the product description would display or give me an option to control it, but no luck.

Does anyone know if a standard installation of WooCommerce should be displaying a product description? By product detail page, I’m referring to the screen you see when you click a product to either learn more about it or buy it.

Another weird thing is that I can’t find any plugins that simply allow you to customize the product detail page…It’s hard to believe that WooCommerce doesn’t provide you with a way to select what your product detail page will display…so I feel like I must be doing something incorrectly.

Jeff

I forgot to ask what I was trying to ask…..Does GP have a way to manage the WooCommerce product detail page?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

There are two areas for product descriptions on the single product page.

1. Above the add to the cart button – this is the short description I believe.
    2. In the product detail tabs (description, reviews etc..), which are under the add to cart button.

Is the product description enabled in Customize > Layout > WooCommerce? If it is, maybe you have a plugin/custom function altering the display? You can test by temporarily deactivating your functions/plugins one by one.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.