[Support request] Woocommerce product categories not showing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Woocommerce product categories not showing

Home Forums Support Woocommerce product categories not showing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Hi,

I am having trouble with Woocommerce categories not showing up in the main product page or the sidebar widget. However, the categories are showing on on my individual Woocommerce product pages and in the Woocommerce settings. I need the product categories and subcategories to available for customers to see and use. I am using a GP child theme. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

Joe

I got the categories to show in the widget sidebar, so my only quesion now is why categories are not showing in the main products page when Woocommerce settings are set for that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

So the categories widget specific to WC is only displaying on single product pages?

Joe

Hi Tom,

You’re working late.

The categories widget is showing fine on all shop pages.

On the Woocommerce shop page on the GP navigation menu, I am getting only one category showing on the page shop page itself, but I have three categories.

Joe

Jamal

Please double check that you have actually assigned som products to the categories not showing up.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are we talking about the widget or menu items in the navigation?

Joe

We are talking about menu items in the navigation.

Jamal said: “Please double check that you have actually assigned some products to the categories not showing up.” I tried that and it worked. It now shows the missing categories on the page from the top level of the shop menu on the navigation bar. Thank you.

This has created an additional issue, however. Previously there was a caret to the right of menu entries on the navigation bar indicating sub-items were nested under the menu entry on the navigation bar. Now there are boxes in place of the carets. Can I restore the carets? Or eliminate carets and boxes?

Joe

Joe

The boxes are appearing on the navigation menu only when I view the website while using the customizer. The carets are appearing when I use a different browser, so I assume there is no problem.

Thank you for helping me out. Joe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you created a menu and set it to a theme location, or is WP adding menu items to the navigation automatically?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/

The boxes instead of icons is usually caused by a mismatch of domain names.

For example, if you have abc.com set in “Settings > General”, but you’re viewing the site from efg.com (the address that shows in your browser address bar), this can happen. Here’s a solution: http://stackoverflow.com/a/26521650/2391422

Joe

No menu navigation to or from another domain name. I do have some fonts coming from https://fonts.googleapis.com that are being used in GP; these are showing up on a GTMetrix speedtest. I also have a GP child installed and I do have domain name forwarding from GoDaddy to Hostgator (where the site is located).

Current status is that the blocks on the navigation bar looking at the website in the customizer have cleared and resolved back to carets now that a few hours have gone by. Any insights will be appreciated. Joe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, could have been a caching issue. Let me know if it shows up again.

Diego

bug still happens, created a menu with category, subcategory and subsubcategory, the categories do have products in them, the menu works fine everywhere except when i click a category to navigate it, the products show but the menu stops being a dropdown menu, its empty. And to add to the weirdness… the same menu works fine while inside wordpress theme customizer :\ so no idea whats going on

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can open a new topic so you can share the link to your site privately?

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.