[Resolved] Woocommerce Product Archive – Customiser Padding

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woocommerce Product Archive – Customiser Padding

Home Forums Support Woocommerce Product Archive – Customiser Padding

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gordon

Hi

I’ve been going round in circles for quite a while trying to get a consistent layout across this site that is under development and includes Woocommerce Product Archive pages.

I’m using GB Pro, GP Pro and Show Posts across the site and all seems good until I come to a product archive page.

There seems to be zero padding despite the customiser having the default 40px all around the content area.

Woo single product pages are affected too, but I can hook in a block at the top and bottom of this page to give me some padding and a better overall layout using a couple of Elements (I don’t know if this is correct or me cheating). But with the Product Archive page, this doesn’t seem to be an option.

I think this might come down to some custom CSS, but I’m still a novice at CSS.

What would be the best way to approach this? Elements layouts/content blocks or CSS? If it’s CSS is there somewhere I can reference the CSS code that would allow me to add in the 40px padding all around for these specific page types?

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gordon,

It seems there’s a layout element applied to the Woo pages which set the pages content container to containedinstead of default.

Can you go to Appearance > Elements, check if there’s a layout element, try set it’s status to draft to see if that fix the issue.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Gordon

Ah fantastic @Ying – I found a layout that was controlling “All Archives” & “Blog” that was set to “Contained/No Padding” with your guidance. An Element Layout I created in my early quest to get things consistent. I can see now that this has actually created the problem that I ended up chasing all the wrong way.

Many thanks for the really fast response!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad it works out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.