[Support request] WooCommerce extension–questions & suggestions

Home Forums Support [Support request] WooCommerce extension–questions & suggestions

Home Forums Support WooCommerce extension–questions & suggestions

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wekhter

First, wanted to say love the new extension and all the thought you clearly put into it–so nice to see WooCommerce stylings in line with my theme’s stylings from the get-go. It’s not that I don’t like purple, but it was so nice to put together a test site and have things work with the color palette. I especially wasn’t expecting the ability to theme the warning/info messages.

So, a few things I’m wondering:

1) The cart–wasn’t expecting that at all! Super cool to have that built in, I’m currently using another plugin to take care of that but love the thought of keeping in the theme where my menus are set up. But, it’s kind of a bummer that you can only show the total price. It would be nice to have the option to show the # of items instead of (or in addition to) the price. Especially when on mobile, as the price can take up a lot of room!

2) Also on the cart–any plans to add some functionality similar to storefront, with a dropdown cart summary/links to checkout/etc? (http://demo.woothemes.com/storefront/)

3) Checkout looks wonderful, love the styling on the payment options and the included distraction-free mode is a really cool touch. It would be nice to have an option to do one column instead of two column. Also, I think you neglected to pay attention to a few things on checkout:

a) “Create an account?” checkbox is misaligned (compared to “Ship to a different address” checkbox)
    b) Accept terms & conditions checkbox is misaligned (again, compared to “Ship to a different address” checkbox)
    c) Returning customer login on checkout needs some love. The message looks great, but then clicking “click here to login” drops down with default rounded 1px border styles

4) Login page — again, rounded 1px border styles

5) I like the setup on the My Account page, very similar to what I usually do, but I personally have icons set after each tab option so the .woocommerce-MyAccount-navigation li.is-active a:after{color: rgba(0,0,0,.5);} seems a bit strange. Why wouldn’t you want that the same color as the active link? Perhaps opacity:.5 would be less intrusive?

Thanks for all your hard work! Looking forward to the page header overhaul you’ve been mentioning. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your feedback! Much appreciated!

1. This is an option that will be added.

2. Also planned.

3. A stacked option is planned.

a) b) Any chance you can link me to your checkout so I can check this out?

c) 4. Borders removed.

5. Agreed, removed the color.

Thanks again for all the great feedback!

wekhter

Here’s my test site shop: http://unsightly-gerbil.w3.poopy.life/shop/

Testing several different plugins and CSS stylings at once but if you add Woo Album #4 to cart you’ll be able to see the checkboxes I mentioned.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The ship to different address checkbox needed a little padding, but it seems like most of the misalignment is coming from your custom CSS.

wekhter

I made sure beforehand that none of my custom CSS affected any of the things I mentioned (if you go into the property inspector you can delete my entire child theme style.css), but here’s another staging site with no custom CSS whatsoever: http://calm-chimpanzee.w3.poopy.life/shop/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That padding issue is fixed in the next version. Thanks!

The terms and conditions box is aligned right to the edge as it should be I think – adding padding there might look weird?

richpags

Great stuff on the new WooCommerce area Tom!

Quick question.
    When i enable the “Display Cart in Menu” option, I only get the price displaying.
    Just wondering if I’m missing something to get the cart icon to only display in the menu also.

Cheers mate
    Richie

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s weird. The cart icon should show up with the price.

Can you open a new topic and provide a link to the page? Thanks!

richpags

Sure thing Leo.
    Thanks for the fast response.

Lars Ugleberg

I too find GeneratePress extremely valuable – and having recently added WooCommerce to my site (still testing and tweaking it), I agree that the suggested improvements would be very useful.

In addition to allowing the cart button to show number of items rather than price, I would also like to suggest an option to ONLY show the cart button in the menu when the cart is NOT empty.

Both showing the item count and only showing the cart button when there is something in the cart would be useful for websites like mine that ONLY sell subscriptions with an initial free trial period (meaning that the price of the item is always zero).

Any updates about when any of these suggested features might see the light of day?

Sincerely yours,
    Lars
    http://appliedfactors.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the feedback, Lars! Most likely looking at around GPP 1.7 for this stuff ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.