[Resolved] Woocommerce email template in theme folder

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woocommerce email template in theme folder

Home Forums Support Woocommerce email template in theme folder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Len

In Woocommerce, I need a bespoke version of the customer-processing-order.php email template, so clicked to the copy button in Woocommerce. The file is now copied into /wp-content/themes/generatepress/woocommerce/emails folder.

The Woocommerce folder gets created, and the template copied in. The edit I need is done its working well.

So the question: Will this /woocommerce/ folder get changed or deleted with a Generate Press theme update, or will it be left alone?

I have used WordPress and Woocommerce for many years, and so far avoided child themes, instead use plugins to add PHP, js and css. I know that if I create a child theme the folder should be safe, but I really don’t want that.
    Thanks. LenW

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The entire theme folder is deleted during updates so the newly created folder would be deleted as well.

You’d need a child theme in this case:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/

Len

Thanks, I will consider a child theme. The Booster for Woocommerce plugin has a module that allows editing templates, and stores them separately, so that is now an option, just taking a look at that.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.