[Resolved] WooCommerce Add to Cart – Strange ‘OR’ Text on Android

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce Add to Cart – Strange ‘OR’ Text on Android

Home Forums Support WooCommerce Add to Cart – Strange ‘OR’ Text on Android

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tom

Hi all,

If this is a WooCommerce specific issue then please let me know, and I will ask in another forum 🙂

On individual product pages, I am seeing some strange text & lines next to the Add to Cart/Basket button, but only on Android mobile devices—this doesn’t appear on iPhones, nor on the desktop version of the site

I’m not able to access the dev tools on Chrome on my Android device to identify what’s causing this, so I’m hoping somebody may have seen this before

Here’s a screenshot:

https://ibb.co/Nm67CYK

I would like to remove/hide this, if possible

Many thanks,
    Tom

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Tom

Hi Leo,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

I’ve provided a link in the private information field to one of the products on the site (it appears on all products)

Many thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m using the Chrome mobile simulator but don’t see the issue.

Any chance you’ve tried disabling all plugins except WooCommerce to eliminate any conflicts?

Tom

Yes, strangely it doesn’t show when using the mobile simulator in Chrome dev tools, only on an actual mobile device

I haven’t tried disabling other plugins—the site is live with a fairly steady stream of traffic so I’m cautious about doing that. Perhaps I’ll migrate it to a staging environment and give that a shot 🙂

It’s not really a huge problem, it’s just a little annoyance that I’d like to be able to fix!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

A staging site to test would definitely be helpful.

Do you see the same thing here or no?
    https://gpsites.co/prime/product/v-neck-t-shirt/

Tom

No, I don’t see it on the demo site

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Then I’m going to guess that there is a plugin conflict somewhere 🙂

Tom

Cool, I’ll check it out in a staging environment. Thanks for your help Leo

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Tom

Sorry for the late reply, but just wanted to let you know that I found the cause of this (just in case it’s useful for anybody else in the future)

This text is inserted by the ‘WooCommerce Stripe Gateway’ plugin, which inserts a ‘Buy Now’ button on the cart page. The ‘OR’ text is positioned between the ‘Proceed to checkout’ and ‘Buy Now’ buttons, but on the product page it just looks strange (there’s no extra button, so no need for ‘OR’!)

We need this plugin on our site so we’re not able to remove it, but at least now know what’s causing it

Cheers,
    Tom

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing the findings!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.