[Resolved] WooCommerce add on suggestions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce add on suggestions

Home Forums Support WooCommerce add on suggestions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jamal

Hi Tom

1. Is it possible to add option to hide image on single products as well?
    2. Also ability to disable add to cart on single products ( in my case right now i just need it temporarily until shop owner decides to sell online later on, thus saving me time to rebuild site )

Edit: Just realized i actually need help with removing add to cart button ๐Ÿ™‚

Jamal

Bear with me pls, i’m feeling creative today ( not always in a positive way )

3. Ajax pagination on product category page

And a question: While using breadcrumbs, how can i link to shop page instead of homepage?

Thanks a lot

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Jamal,

1. I want to add some more options for the single product, including the image area width etc.. I think an option not to have an image is a good idea as well.

2. I think if you remove the price/stock for now, WC itself will remove the add to cart button.

3. This has been brought up as well – maybe a way to integrate the masonry/ajax load more from the blog add-on into WC.

4. This might help: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/customise-the-woocommerce-breadcrumb/

Jamal

I managed to remove the add to cart with some snippet i found online.

Thanks for the breadcrumbs link, got a lot from there to customize site further.

Regarding the ajax/masonry load more, is it something relatively uncomplicated that you can help me with?

Thanks a bunch.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately it would be quite complicated to help with in the forum. However, maybe this will help?: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/load-more-products-for-woocommerce/

Jamal

No problem, i will wait for now and see if it makes it into the add-on otherwise i will use above plugin. Thanks for your great work.

Jamal

When WooCommerce add-on activated and product is review disabled from inside WooCommerce then no ratings should show up without having to deactivate it also from the add-on. Maybe a check to see if ratings are enabled?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You shouldn’t have to disable them in GP if they’re disabled in WC: https://www.screencast.com/t/BvLoPa9Fww5

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tom, i notice the same thing on my site – if you look closely at the 5 star’s you can just see the tip of a 6th star. Any fix for this? It’s me being OCD so not an issue if not.

Jamal

Maybe we are not running the same version of WC? The settings in the above screencast look different to my settings. I have WC Version 3.1.0

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah interesting – that actually looks like more of a bug in WooCommerce than anything. If ratings are left on, but reviews are turned off, ratings still appear. Instead of “fixing” it in GP, it might be worth reporting to WC as this wasn’t the case one version ago.

Jamal

I just posted a support topic on their support forum but i just realised that with GP WooCommerce add on deactivated, the star ratings don’t appear at all even with ratings and product reviews enabled, maybe because i have no reviews at all?

When i activate the add-on the star ratings appear unless i disable them from inside the addon. Just a thought worth exploring more, you know best Tom ๐Ÿ™‚

Jamal

Looks like we will need to be disabling from both within WooCommerce and GP add-on unless you can come up with a solution, please take a look here https://wordpress.org/support/topic/disabling-product-reviews-doesnt-disable-ratings-on-reviews/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jamal, Woocommerce only shows ratings when a review is made.
    With GP Woo it either shows ratings (including zero) for every product or no products. Sorry this may have been one of my requests. The Woocommerce method was so ugly if you had only a selection of product’s reviewed as it knocked out all the field alignment.

However i dont have the issue you raise above. I can confirm that with latest version of Woo, if I disable Product Ratings in the dashboard, they disappear even if the Woo add-on has them enabled.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The best method may just be to leave it as is in the WC add-on, as it basically accomplishes the above that Jamal posted using the option in the Customizer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.