[Resolved] Woo – Thank you page for failed orders

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woo – Thank you page for failed orders

Home Forums Support Woo – Thank you page for failed orders

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Harris

Hello,
    In the thank you page template, when an order is failed (i.e. payment failed) the customer gets a huge size message saying “We have received your order”
    and then with small letters a second message saying that the order has been declined.

This seems to be confusing as with first sight the customer thinks his order was properly passed to the shop and might be waiting for it.

Two questions:

1. How can I adjust the thank you page titles and text sizes?
    2. Is there some way to display the woo warning message (the one displayed in red by default in woo commerce) on the top of the page? This has got a much clearer message saying that order is rejected due to failed payment.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Harris,

I feel like these questions are more suitable for WooCommerce’ support team but I’ll try to point you in the right direction.

1. This would be possible with the dynamic typography feature of GP Premium:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/dynamic-typography-overview/

Here is an example:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-sort-icon-font-family/#post-2295384

2. This is something you will need to check with WooCommerce’ support team as GP (themes) does not have control over this.

Hope this helps 🙂

Harris

Hello,

What should be the target elements (for title and text in ty pagr) in the dynamic typography feature so it won’t affect other parts of the site / shop?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try:

1. For the order received

.woocommerce-order .woocommerce-thankyou-order-received

2. For the order failed

.woocommerce-order .woocommerce-thankyou-order-failed

For reference here is the thankyou.php template:

https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/blob/trunk/plugins/woocommerce/templates/checkout/thankyou.php

Harris

Thanks David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – let me know if those classes work in the Customizer… as Woo has a habit of writing some really specific CSS

Harris

Hello David,

The classes didn’t seem to be working (tried !important too).

I finally decided to totally rebuild the “thank you” page with elementor, so I could make the message more clear (verbally and visually) and also style the page a bit better.

In any case, thanks a lot for your support.

Harris

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for letting us know.
    Glad to hear you found a working solution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.