[Resolved] Woo commerce My Account: remove "Browse products"

Home Forums Support Woo commerce My Account: remove "Browse products"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Klaus

Hello, I want to remove the “Browse Prodcts” message from “My Account” page, that appears when the customer hasn’t bought anything and “My account” is empty. I made a long search on the web without results. Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would need to use a Child Theme, with your own orders.php template which you can find here:

https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/blob/c0ecb79ba2a6c4eff01f2ae9a59e3b6a9fdd4be1/templates/myaccount/orders.php#L100-L102

I have highlighted the three lines you would need to delete from your child theme copy.

Klaus

Hello David, thank you. I use the Generatepress-Child. I did this and it worked: I put a folder-structure into my child-theme: woocommerce > myaccount >orders.php . I pasted the code and deleted those three lines (thank you for highlighting). The folders have 755 and the orders.php has 644 permissions. Thanks for the great advice, very very easy solution.

But..: same thing with “woo-subscriptions”: I looked up the my-subscriptions.php and I guess it is the same thing all over. Thanks Klaus

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that.
    Yes that it will apply to the subscriptions template as well.

Klaus

Hello, sorry to come back, but with woocommerce-subscriptions this doesn’t work. I simply tried woocommerce-subscriptions > myaccount > my-subscriptons.php, when it didn’t work woocommerce-subscriptions > templates > myaccount > my-subscriptons.php . Of course I modified the template. I emptied the cache. (No change). Is there anything else I have to do? Is there anything, that prefents the recognition of my changes?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

try creating a woocommerce folder in your child theme folder. Then add the template in there.

Klaus

Hello David, magic. Works perfectly. Thanks Klaus

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.