[Support request] Woff2 Issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Woff2 Issue

Home Forums Support Woff2 Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stewart

Hello,

In another reply, I noticed David said this:

“simplest fix is to go to Customizer > General and change the Icon Type to SVG. This will remove that font request.”

I have made this change, but the request seems to be made anyway. This has been causing a lot of issues for my website. Could you please give me guidance on how to resolve this? I have cleared all caches & CDN cache & it still persists. I am also getting a CLS warning due to this template which is something to do with the fonts, apparently. I am a 1-man business & these template issues consume much of my time & not being a developer I struggle to find out what is causing these.

Thank you in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the generatepress font has been set to preload which is not a function of theme – this would be a cache or optimization plugin that is set to preloading. Try clearing/disabling any plugin caches and clearing your server caches to see if the font request is removed.

Do that first so we can eliminate the font and then ill look at the CLS issues.

Stewart

Good morning David,

I have had extensive discussions with my server provider & after clearing the CDN cache & the W3TC the issue is still there. I pointed out to them that you said this is not a function of the theme but they are insisting it is not a server cache issue. I’m at a little bit of a loss & not sure what it could be.

I only use some essential plugins & I don’t use any page builder.

regards,

Stewart

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable the W3TC cache, so i can take another look?

Stewart

Hello David,

Apologies for the delay, I got to the bottom of the CLS issue, it was being caused by an adsense ad I had at the top of the content.

Regarding the font issue, I have just disabled W3TC (by deactivating the plugin) and cleared the CDN cache, but I still see the preload function there. Could you please take another look and see if you can determine the reason for this?

I have a second website running on a different set of servers, also with GeneratePress, and this issue is not happening. I’m baffled.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Go to Appearance > Elements and delete the Hook you have there, it contains the Link.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.