[Support request] will not show my posts on the front page with the same layout as everywhere else

Home Forums Support [Support request] will not show my posts on the front page with the same layout as everywhere else

Home Forums Support will not show my posts on the front page with the same layout as everywhere else

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Hi Generetepress

Ok, now you have to help me. I’ve asked you once before, but now I do not bother to spend more time on it.

I have created a “content template” with a desired blog post layout. And it works fine on all category pages. Exactly as I wish.

But now I also want to show all my blog posts on the front page with the same desired blog post layout. And although I in “Display Rules” under “pages” select “page” and then select the page name of the front page. Then the front page will not be displayed with the same layout as on my category pages.

Under “WordPress settings / reading” I have selected “A static Page” and then selected the “page” which I have also selected under “Display Rules”.

Can you tell me what I did wrong? It seems wildly strange that Generetepress will not show my posts on the front page with the same layout as everywhere else.

Thanks, Peter..

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you will need to go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and set your Homepage to Display your Latest posts.
    NOTE: This is an automatic template, so you won’t be able to directly edit the front page.

Peter

Hi David

Thanks for your reply.

That’s really how I first set up the front page, after your descriptions last time.

But this morning when I tested it looked completely wrong. So I started trying something different.

Now I have changed settings back again as you recommend and it still does not look like it does on my category pages.

Wordpress, Theme and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

Try checking the front page again.

Cheers, Peter

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so in Appearance > Elements you have some Block Elements – how many Content Templates ones do you have ?

Peter

I have one Content Template under elements..

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Peter,

It looks to me all of your settings are correct, but some CSS is not working on your home page.

Can you try clear all the cache including server cache if you have it enabled?

Then disable all cache/performance plugins to see if it works?

Let me know!

Peter

Thanks for the help. I managed to get the frontpage displayed normally by excluding the front page in WP Rocket.

It’s still a bit annoying that you can’t use a regular page as a front page. A regular page is a little easier to go to and edit. Is this something you are planning in the future?

Do you have any guide on how to use Yoast SEO on the front page when it is not a real page or post?

Cheers, Peter

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We’ll be releasing an update for GenerateBlocks in the next few weeks.
    This will include our Query Loop block, which will allow you to create and design your own post lists/grids and display them on a static page.

RE: Yoast go SEO > Search Results and on the General tab there is a section for Homepage.

Peter

Thanks David, it sounds really good 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Peter

Hi David

Do you have a guide on how to use your new Query Loop block. I don’t think it really works as intended for me. I would like to do something ala what you have done at the top here (https://generateblocks.com/generateblocks-1-5-dynamic-data-query-loops-image-blocks/) and place it on the front page as a regular page. Cheers, Peter

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Peter,

simplest thing would be to use one of the premade patterns.
    If you’re a GB Free user then there are 2 to copy from here:

https://generateblocks.com/library/?pattern-type=free&pattern-category=query-loop

One of which is based upon that design your referred to.
    Just Copy and Paste it into your site,

If you’re a GB Pro user then you will find a lot more patterns in the library and from the Pattern Library block in the post editor

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.