- This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 6 months ago by Tom.
September 11, 2016 at 9:34 pm #225672Helen
How do I create widgets or containers for text within sections? And is there an option to space them apart properly?September 11, 2016 at 11:11 pm #225681TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
You can use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/
Let me know if you need more info 🙂October 10, 2016 at 3:30 am #233994egoujou
Tom, I’m pretty new with WordPress and your theme.
Saying that, is there a way to add articles in a section I wish to add n latest article from a dedicated category inside a section). Is hat possible ? Do I need to insert php or any code inside the section ?
Many thanks !October 10, 2016 at 6:49 am #234036Andy
You can use Tom’s excellent show posts plugin to do that:
https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/October 10, 2016 at 7:39 am #234046egoujou
Hello Amazing people who take time to answer.
THANKS to all.
Great plugin, great theme. Many many thanks again. Great & simple way to learn.October 10, 2016 at 9:46 am #234075TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperNovember 30, 2016 at 5:41 pm #250001Gardner
Hi, I really like your section plugin and have used it on a page. Just one thing, no widgets appear as they do on the other pages where I don’t use the section feature? Otherwise said, is there a way to have widgets on the whole of a page using sections (rather than in a section)?
thanks so much for your time and incredible theme and plugins!
GardnerNovember 30, 2016 at 8:37 pm #250031TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Sections aren’t typically meant to be used with sidebars.
If you need them to, you can use a filter like this: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sections-add-on/page/2/#post-153836April 7, 2017 at 7:24 am #302977Elio Martinez
I am trying to change the homepage of my site to show “minisections” instead of the traditional masonry. I wan tho showcase in my homepage various categories in various forms so I am making a page and using a combination of Sections and your WP Show Posts plugin to achieve that.
But I have these problems:
1. The posts that are at the homepage don’t show the number of comments with the font awesome icon and this is critical for me. Is there any possibilities so We can show the number of comments?
2. I am out of ideas about what to do to be able to showcase one post at first place (featured or sticky) and then the rest.
Here is what I have at this moment: https://www.nbamaniacs.com/home-2/April 7, 2017 at 10:09 am #303030TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. This currently isn’t an option in WPSP, but will be in the next update.
2. You should be able to create two different lists, one full width for the featured post, and the other smaller posts. You would just need to set the offset to 1 in your second list. Alternatively, you could just use the featured post option in the Columns tabs.
Feel free to use the WPSP forum for these kinds of things: https://wpshowposts.com/support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.