[Resolved] Widgets are not added to blocks, if sidebar layout is off

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Widgets are not added to blocks, if sidebar layout is off

Home Forums Support Widgets are not added to blocks, if sidebar layout is off

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, I want to build up some of my pages using blocks instead of a page builder.

On one of these pages, I want to add widgets, which are not listed in the limited list of widgets.

so I added the widgets by shortcode instead, but when I at the same time decided to not use sidebars, my widgets in the blocks also disappears.

Widget not in any sidebars

How do I fix this?

I the customizer deselected sidebars globally, as many pages are custom links, or many pages do not respond to the Content (no sidebars) layout setting, the sidebar is still there with a

Search archives

as content.

Why does pages not respond på this local layout setting?

Regards
    Carsten

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is this the plugin you are using?
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/widget-shortcode/

You might need to add the desired widget in a widget area that’s not used/displayed on the page to activate the shortcode.

I don’t see a sidebar on the linked page. Have you figured out?

Carsten

Hi there, thanks for your answer, I’m using

amr shortcode any widget

but I guess it’s the same. I turned sidebar off, but from what I can see, sidebars are not available for Home Page anyway.

You might need to add the desired widget in a widget area that’s not used/displayed on the page to activate the shortcode.

This is actually a good idea, leaving the widgets in the sidebar, but deselect sidebar in the customizer keeps the shortcodes working. I hope it with shortcodes in elements, as well which I will test.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.